58

* * *

* * *

It was a catastrophe. Students had been led to safety and those of age along with many wizards from around the world were fighting death eaters in Hogwarts. Many were dead. Many were injured. On both sides.

This was no longer the school that was praised all over the world. This was no longer the school that held beauty and history together as one.

This was now a war zone.

Nobody could have prepared for such a big war like this. Over the past two years they knew it was brewing, that everything was going to end badly but they were not prepared for anything like this.

Charlie was shooting spells after spells towards Rodulphus Lestrange, Bill by his side helping him. The death eater was enjoying this fight way too much as a smile spread across his lips showing his yellow and black teeth.

"Weasley scum. Blood-traitors the lot of you!" He seethed, throwing a spell in Bill's direction which he quickly deflected.

The two men were not fazed by his comment, in fact it encouraged them to fight back harder. Charlie especially was on top of his game.

Two years had passed since Hattie went missing and the feeling or anger and sadness that it brought him helped fuel his fight.

He sent Rodulphus flying backwards into a wall where he hit his head violently and slipped to the ground unconscious. Bill and Charlie pressed on, protecting anyone on their side and fighting anyone on the other.

They watched as Ron, Hermione and Harry ran past them discussing something. The two men heard a scream and turned to find a small child, who couldn't be older than a first year hiding behind a painting which had fallen to the floor.

"I'll get her out of here, go help the others," Bill told Charlie as he scooped the girl up into his arms whispering some calming and gentle things into her ears as he disapparated out of the castle and into the Hogshead where the underage students were being kept safe.

"This is a pub not a school!" Cried out Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother and the landlord.

Bill rolled his eyes setting the little girl down whose brother soon came over worried and brought her into his arms. He nodded appreciatively at Bill who smiled softly before returning to Hogwarts just as everything fell silent and Voldemort's voice filled their ears.

"Students, teachers, witches, wizards you will not win...however I will give you all the benefit of the doubt. I did not what this much waste of valuable pure bloods....Dumbledore you caused this...if you had listened to me and surrender this would not have happened...I ask my men to retreat and you have an hour to tend to your fallen. They have not died in vain but in dignity fighting for what they believed in...despite its foolishness...after all I will win...

...I now speak to you and you alone Albus Dumbledore...you have the hour to surrender, to sacrifice yourself for the good of your people...if you do not, my men will return and kill anyone and everyone, innocent or not... you have one hour to come to me Albus...alone...anyone who tries to stop you will die! One hour...the clock is ticking..."

The death eaters retreated leaving any fight they were in and disappeared.  People rushed to the Great Hall where the fallen were laid to rest, people were mourning and the injured were being tendered too.

Charlie stepped into the hall and saw his family crying. His heartbeat quickened as he stepped forward, his hands shaking as he dread to think who they were crying over. As he grew closer he saw nobody near them that they were at all close to.

"Wha..what's happening?" He stuttered and his father placed his hands on his shoulders. "Dad?"

Arthur held his son close as Peter showed him a piece of paper with a picture on it. His knees buckled and he dropped to the floor. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he stared at the picture.

It was Hattie.

Her eyes shut, her dark hollow cheeks and eyes, her paper-white skin drained of colour. And the words "dEaD" below it.

"Bellatrix threw it at me," Molly cried, "she tried killing Ginny."

That tore Charlie apart even more. The thought of his sister nearly dying and his baby girl being dead. It killed him.

The group cried over the note as others cried over bodies. Harry was the first person to break the mournful silence as he saw his headmaster making his way towards the exit.

"Professor!" Harry called after him, wiping his tearful eyes. "Stop. Professor!" Dumbledore stopped turning around to face Harry. "Please Professor stop."

"In case you haven't noticed Harry, I am stood still."

Hardy rolled his eyes, "sir you don't have to sacrifice yourself."

"Except I do. I can't let anyone else die for me."

Harry let another tear fall, "sir..."

"You will go far Harry, keep going." He said and left the boy where he was, disappearing into the forest.

Harry returned to his family shaking his head. His father and mother encased him in their arms as they all dropped to the floor. Everyone was crying. Hattie truly was gone. There was nothing they could do. She was no longer missing.

She was missing and dead.

< < < T W O > > >