The Worst Ride

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

The snow and their lack of stamina slowed Nick and (f/n) down significantly. They still didn't hear any screams or see any blood. That gave them some hope that Tara was alive. Personally, (f/n) just wanted to get out. If Tara didn't make it, she wasn't going to cry or anything. She didn't voice that opinion to Nick, though.

(F/n) grabbed a water bottle and held it up so that Nick could get a drink. She had to feed him some peanuts too since he was busy keeping her off of the ground. Before she put them away, she drank and ate a little too. The female could care less about sharing at that point in time. Frankly, she was too lazy to put them away and grab new items only to place them back in the bag.

Once the items were stored away, she rested her head against Nick's neck. Her leg wasn't doing too good. With every one of Nick's steps, it felt like more of her blood was oozing out of her leg. She had peered down at the appendage and had seen that her pants were becoming decorated with the color. Even if they escaped the creature, she might not make it. Right now, she wanted to close her eyes, but she had to guide them. As soon as they got to the car, they could drive off to the hospital.

Nick shifted her weight, and she winced from her leg bumping against him. "Sorry," he quickly apologized, and she shook her head some to indicate not to worry about it. Her flashlight finally illuminated something other than snow. To their immense relief, they could see the edge of the woods. Her car was directly in front of them, and Nick managed to pick up his pace a little bit more.

When they reached her car, Nick set her down and leaned her against it. She fished out her keys and handed them to him. Before he took them, he glanced around to see if Tara was in the area. His eyes widened, and he cursed. Swiftly, he unlocked the passenger's side and threw open the door. He helped her inside before he went over to the driver's side.

Worried that the creature was nearby, she looked back and saw Tara running towards them down the street. Not far behind her was the creature. Cursing, she was tempted to yell at Nick to drive off, but he only started up the engine. He was going to wait for his friend. She wished to groan out in frustration and fear, but she kept quiet and motioned for Tara to hurry up.

Reaching the car, Tara threw herself in, and Nick took off. She slammed the door closed and breathed a sigh of relief. That came too early, though. All of them screamed when they heard a loud bang on top of the car. Nick pressed more on the gas pedal while Tara moved farther away from the window. (F/n) did the same and wanted to curl up into ball, but she didn't desire to move her leg much. The bumps of the road were enough for it.

A knock on the glass of her window caused (f/n) to peer over. The creature grinned at her before he moved to her right. "Tara, move away from that window more!" she yelled, but the woman couldn't react fast enough. Glass shattered in the back, and the creature's right hand reached in. Cries of help and pain sounded behind them as Tara was removed from the car. (F/n) watched the creature leap off of the car and into the snow.

Almost, she was flung forward as Nick slammed on the breaks. She was about to shout at him, but he had already left the car. The engine was still running, and she desired to drive off and leave them behind. (F/n) forced the urge away and looked out the back window. Tara was screaming as the creature dragged her back into the woods. Nick was catching up to them. A flashlight was at his side on full brightness.