The Shiniest Polish

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Under the overhang, Krista grinned to her passenger. She held up a small bottle of the polish. Due to the distance between them, (f/n) squinted her eyes and noted that there was no brand name on it. Maybe, there had been a sticker on it, and it had fallen off. Or, Krista had removed it herself, but it was questionable. It only made it more likely that the woman had tampered with the contents of the bottle.

There was the possibility that Krista only had entered the bathroom to add more blood to the polish. The teen peered closer. Was that a thin trail of red coming out from under the lid? Or, were her eyes deceiving her?

"I think that it's blood." His voice came from the right of her. "But, that would suit someone like you." He chuckled, and she heard a loud bang. She couldn't help but jump and shift her eyes to the vending machine. Brent had struck it, and he was chuckling. "That had been so worth it." A sadistic gleam coated his orbs before it disappeared. Disappointment overtook it. "Too bad that there weren't any of these in the tunnels. They would've helped, though; that thing probably would've filled them with body parts as a sick joke."

The image almost made her drop her tea. "Are you sure that you really want to travel to a ghost town?" (F/n) paused at the question. That voice didn't sound like Brent, and he hadn't moved his mouth. All he did was chuckle and vanish. Nearly, she fell off of the bench. Krista was standing in front of the vending machine. For how long had she been there?

She bent down and retrieved a bottle of water. Had that bang actually been her? (F/n)'s eyes widened slightly, and she bent over as she set her tea on the bench. Her hands held her head. For once, she needed to listen to the creature's advice. Brent had to go somehow. He was messing up her mind too much, and it didn't help that Krista gave her a horrible gut feeling.

Footsteps hit her ears. Items were placed down next to her before hands were placed over hers. Her hands were pulled back. Maybe, it was only her mind again, but the action was rather rough. It wasn't gentle like ... well, like ... She pushed the thought away. The creature was going to earn no points from her. No matter how gentle he was with her at times, that didn't excuse his monstrous actions.

Hands tightened around hers. Almost, she thought that she had heard you're so lucky. The faint words snapped her head up. Her eyes locked onto Krista's. A smile was on her lips. Whether it was reassuring or hateful, (f/n) couldn't tell. "Well, are you going to be okay?"

Recalling the woman's past question, (f/n) nodded her head. "Yeah ... I'll be fine. Exhaustion just must be getting to me." She moved her hands away from the woman's. Krista's hands remained hanging in the air for a couple of seconds as though she was frozen in time. When she popped straight up, (f/n) scooted back on the bench.

"Then, you need to sleep for some of the way there. Otherwise, we won't be able to explore the ghost town or deal with any ghosts." She grinned. "You need to keep up your health, (f/n). It's very important."

To someone else, it may have sounded like the woman was being kind, but to (f/n)'s ears it was far from that. (F/n) felt like a pig being prepped for slaughter. Maybe, the red nails were a signal to the creature that an individual wanted to be his. If that was the case, she really didn't desire for them.