The Heaviest Choice

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Her hand descended into the darkness steadily. She could hear her heartbeat start to quicken. How could the doors be unlocked? Only an expert could lock pick them. (F/n) gulped and was about to take a step forward. As her foot was about to land, a hand latched onto her right wrist. Long nails threatened to slice into her skin.

A scream was about to part from her lips, but she was cut short. She was tugged into the mausoleum before she was thrown across it like a ragdoll. Her flashlight landed a few feet away from her. The left door shut while footsteps neared her. As she regained herself, she groaned in pain, and her leg throbbed. Steadily, she pushed herself up on her hands before her eyes met the orbs of the creature. Swiftly, she pressed herself against the wall and reached for her flashlight.

"I wouldn't do that. Grab it, and I'll remove your hand and make a light snack of it." He crouched in front of her and grinned. Her hand still hovered in that direction. "Oh? Are you willing to test me? I am curious to see how you taste." Several giggles left him. "It's been driving me mad just thinking about it." His pale eyes gleamed with interest, and she slowly moved her hand back. Another giggle left him before he seated himself in front of her.

"How did you get in here? There are guards securing the edges of this place. How did you even know that I would be here?" she asked, shrinking against the wall more. Her voice didn't stutter, but she felt paralyzed to her position, and her heart was pounding. He could probably hear it.

"Guards?" He laughed and smirked. "I sneaked around them last night. Security did lower itself since I declared that I would be meeting you in the woods. Made things pretty easy for me. I knew that you wouldn't actually meet me there. No, you're much too scared." Leaning forward, he grinned and ran his nails along her right leg. Her leg began to tremble, and she almost closed her eyes.

"Co-couldn't yo-you lea-leave me al-alone?" she stuttered out this time. His nails stopped on her hip and tapped there. It felt like needles lightly hitting her skin. No blood was drawn, but she feared that would change soon.

The creature's grin widened. "Leave you alone?!" He burst out laughing in his high-pitched manner. She only eyed his hand, hoping that it didn't press into her. When he quieted down, it suddenly moved up to her face. His hand cupped her face, and his nails lightly glided over her skin. Blood drained from her face. (F/n) desired to scream for help, but if she moved, she would probably be dead.

"What gave you such an idea? You offered a bite to me, and I intend to take it. Though," he pulled her face closer and glanced over her features, "I plan to take more now before I kill you." Her eyes widened before he pushed her head back and released her. "After all, I didn't work so hard to find you for nothing. Then again, that human male made it rather easy." He giggled and snatched up her flashlight.

"Wh-what do yo-you mean?"

"What was his name? Hmm ... I think that it was Nick." He laughed more. "It was funny how you two thought that I wouldn't follow your car. I just used the trees on the side of the road and followed you to the hospital. He just had to stand by your room windows. Such a silly little human." His nails tapped against the flashlight before he threw it behind him. "You should call him sometime and ask how he's doing. I would love to know."