The Dirtiest Play

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

The park had been relatively peaceful. She had been able to relax on a bench and pass the time on her father's phone. There had been a few individuals who had asked her questions, but she had managed to get them to move along shortly after they had spoken to her. It made her grateful, though, for the coffee shop. People seemed to respect her space there, but that was probably because Haley was with her.

When it had been starting to get dark out, she had made her way to her car and headed home. She had taken her time by driving down the longer roads. The creature was most likely awake, but she hoped that dinner would be ready when she got home. Eventually, she would have to enter her room, but she could postpone it for a bit.

Pulling into the driveway, she walked into her home a few moments later. She could smell the cooked chicken and vegetables, and her stomach growled very lightly. (F/n) locked the door behind her and made her way into the kitchen. Her mother was taking a chicken, vegetable casserole out of the oven while her father was decorating the chocolate cake. It was a miniature cake, but even then, each slice was decently sized.

Both her parents greeted her as they continued to tend to their work. She went to sit down, but her mother looked over as she placed the casserole down. "Don't you want to take off your coat and such before you eat, (f/n)?"

Forcing herself not to appear like a deer in the headlights, she casually removed her gloves. "I will. I'll just put them on the spare chair next to me. I'll take them into my room after dinner." Her stomach growled softly again, and she chuckled in embarrassment. "Besides, I'm pretty hungry."

Her mother chuckled, and her father did the same. "Well then, why don't you set the table? This needs ten minutes to cool anyway, but you'll still have time to put your things away." Grey eyes glanced over to the cake before back to her. "Unless, you're hoping to eat dessert early."

Still putting the final touches on the cake, her father shook his head. "I don't think so. This is for after dinner, and no one is eating it until then." He peered over his shoulder at his daughter. "So, don't even think about it." (F/n) held her hands up in surrender. "Good." Her father returned to his work.

"In that case, why don't you put your things away? We can wait if it takes you a little longer too. Dinner will be plenty warm even after the ten minutes." Her mother took off her oven mitts before she retrieved three plates and handed them to (f/n), who now had her outerwear off. Before she could say anything, her mother had already turned around to retrieve some silverware.

(F/n) was tempted to move slowly, but her parents would notice, and if she stalled going into her room any longer, that would be questionable too. Inwardly annoyed and worried, she set the plates down and followed with the silverware once it was handed to her. Her mother placed the napkins on the table while she reluctantly grabbed her things.

"I'll be back soon," (f/n) responded as she took steady steps towards her door. Two hums were her response. She wanted to turn around and return to the kitchen, but she knew that was too risky. Staring to her door, she gradually placed her hand on the doorknob and turned. Her hand shook, and a chill traveled up her spine.