The Cleverest Presumption

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

(F/n) wanted to make some remark about how he hasn't suffered pain. His pain was probably due to him losing his feasting abilities, but she kept her mouth shut. If she had made that comment, she might've lost a limb. Instead, she broke his gaze and tried to free her wrist. He wouldn't let go, though. "And, here I thought that you could understand." The creature laughed again.

Something tugged at her chest, and she scowled at it. "You're lucky that I had realized my feelings before this conversation." Now, a giggle left him. "You really set me off, my little helper. I'm tempted to break your wrist, but I don't want you to have a similar injury to that deceased trash."

Her eyes met his again. Pure anger burned in his orbs, and his hand tightened a little on her wrist. (F/n) wanted to wrench her wrist free, but that would probably snap it. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" he questioned, his eyes moving to her wrist now. Maybe, he would really break it, or he would break her whole arm instead.

"I-I ... I-I ..."

Another giggle left him. "There's one of your perks. You know when to stop, but I'll allow you to continue here. Tell me what's on the tip of your tongue. I want to hear it."

She gulped, and she tried to keep her arm from shaking, but she couldn't prevent it entirely. A shaky sigh left her. "I doubt that you've suffered so terribly. I doubt that you've experienced such sorrow." (F/n) raised her eyes and stared into his. "I simply can't imagine it. After everything that you've done, I just can't."

The creature released her wrist before he grabbed it again roughly and seated her on his lap. Her legs straddled his, and his right arm wrapped around her waist to keep her steady. His nails glided along her jaw line. (F/n) visibly tensed, but she didn't try to push herself off since the nails were too much of a threat.

"And because you doubt those things, I have no right to feel sadness?" He giggled and shook his head, but the giggle still wasn't his usual high-pitched one. "Who gave you the right to judge what I can and can't feel? I'm not human, but that doesn't give you the right to declare what I can and can't feel. You're raising yourself up too high, (f/n)."

Cupping her right cheek, his nails were dangerously close to pressing into her head. "Remember, we're partners. Even if you're my murderer and I'm your victim, we're still tied together on the same string. We're still on the same level. If you forget that, I doubt that you'll succeed in your goal to kill me."

No words left her, but she wished to avert her gaze. He was ... right. She didn't have the authority to judge his ability to feel, but she couldn't wrap her mind around it either. The creature had caused her too much pain for her to view him in a suffering position. "Fine ... I ..."

"As long as you understand, that's all that I need right now." His nails moved away from her face before he lifted her up and placed her back on the table. He walked away from her, and she was glad for the distance. The creature leaned against the wall to her left and crossed his arms.

Looking to him, she hesitantly asked, "Why don't you tell me?" An eyebrow of his rose. "Tell me what had caused you to suffer so much. I can better understand that way."