The Trickiest Concealing

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

It felt like the world's longest staring contest. Her mother wouldn't say anything as the flower twirled in her hand. A petal fell loose and descended to the floor slowly and gracefully. (F/n) watched it, and she forced herself not to gulp. She looked back to her mother, who started to shake her head. Disappointment was written across her countenance.

Her free hand rested on her hip. "(F/n), the horrors that you must've gone through down in those tunnels troubled you greatly. I know that's an obvious statement to make, but your father and I are beginning to witness the true extent of them." Concern took over her mother, and her grey eyes looked out the living room window. "I imagine that down in the tunnels there was no fresh air."

"No, there wasn't." (F/n) could describe the awful smells that were there, but she didn't want to give her mother nightmares. "I apologize. I know that it wasn't safe, but it's just hard to sleep when I know that the creature is still out there and probably hunting me down." She forced the truth away from her mind, not wanting to give anything away.

"Then, you understand that you could've been killed out there." (F/n) gave her mother a firm nod. "Alright, I'll let this go. Just don't go outside again in the dark. I can't ..." Her mother looked to the television. Resting her free hand on her mother's shoulder, (f/n) shook her head to indicate for her not to think about it. "Right." A heavy sigh left her, and her mother's gaze fell on her coffee. "I think that I'm going to need some of that."

Laughing now, (f/n) motioned over to the kitchen. "I made a fresh pot. I just need a glass anyway. I'll be in my room." Her mother smiled to her and turned away. Relief washed over (f/n). That was the case until her parents' room door opened.

Confusion was on her father's face. "(F/n)? I thought that you were in the bathroom." He pointed back to her room. "I could hear the water on when I was washing my face." Her mother glanced back to her, and her heart rate picked up.

"Ah! I left the water on. Sorry!" Before anymore questions could be asked, she hurried to her room and shut the door behind her. She set her coffee on her desk and rushed into her bathroom. Her thoughts were only on her parents discovering the creature, not on the fact that he was in the bathroom.

Thankfully, the bathroom door wasn't locked. She burst through and rushed to the shower. Without even thinking, she reached her hand in and shut off the water. Only when she heard a giggle, did she remember the dangerous male behind the curtain. The curtains pulled back slightly, and he peered out. "Oh, don't ..." Swiftly, she moved and placed her hand over his mouth.

"Keep your voice down," she whispered, "my parents might hear you. You'll need to finish your shower when my parents aren't up here." His right hand reached up and removed hers before he dropped it and pushed back some of his bangs. The creature's expression was unreadable, and his pale eyes unnerved her.

Several quiet giggles left him. "Well, what if I don't want to wait?" A smirk stretched on his lips. "Tell them that you decided to take a shower. You can join me, and I can see more of your delicious flesh." He licked his lips, and she took a cautionary step back. Her cheeks didn't flush at the comment. Rather, she only a felt a chill race through her veins at the thought of being eaten in her shower.