The Reddest Retrieval

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Hesitantly, she uncovered her eyes. His pale ones were a few inches away, and she felt like they would suck her to the other side. She looked to his teeth and saw dried crimson on some. Revolted, she turned away and kept quiet. "Oh, do answer," he ordered, using his right hand to move her gaze onto him again. (F/n) gulped and shook her head; she didn't want to mention what she had done earlier. Maybe, he was referencing something else, and she simply couldn't think of it.

"Fine. Let me give you a little hint." He distanced himself from her and pulled back his jacket hood. The curtains had been closed again, so barely any light entered the room. There was only enough so that she could still just see him. Leaning back on her dresser, his fingers tapped against the wood. "It has to do with some light that greeted me earlier today."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she managed to say without stuttering. (F/n) did move further to the edge of her bed, though. She wanted to bolt for her door and be somewhere else. There was no way for her to relax with him and a body of an old acquaintance in her bedroom and bathroom.

Giggling, he smiled at her skeptically. "Are you sure?" His head cocked to the side, and his nearly white hair swayed like a deathly snowfall. She nodded. "Because, I think that you're lying." Her hands gripped the bed more, and she readied herself to bolt.

His pale blues watched her with obvious knowing. He giggled some more. "But, you already know that. And, running away won't solve your problem. Besides, you wouldn't want to create too much noise. Your parents are nearby after all." She froze, but she still wished to dart out of her room.

Pushing himself off of the desk, he went towards her but past her. "For that flashlight you shone on me earlier, I want you to grab me a knife. If you don't," he paused and looked back to her, "I'll make you watch the procedure." Her heart seemed to stop before she reluctantly stood from her bed. A terrified glare coated her countenance before she forced herself to look away from him. A horrendous image had flashed through her mind, but she shoved it away back into the shadows.

(F/n) left her room and heard a giggle behind her. She didn't look back and closed the door. The creature could've done something worse, and she was happy that he hadn't. Her mind had gone to other possibilities, and her fingers traced the scratches on her right cheek. A shiver traveled up her spine, and she hugged her arms in response.

After she flipped on the kitchen light, she headed over to the knives' drawer and took a butcher knife out. She closed the drawer, but she didn't head back to her room immediately. The light was on in the kitchen, and she had a weapon. Her eyes moved to her room door. Could she surprise kill him now? It was possible, but how would she explain the body in her bathroom? (F/n) supposed that it would be easy to make up some lie about the creature's actions. Almost anything would sound believable at the present point.

Her lack of action, though, caused the creature to become curious. He opened her door and peered out. His eyes shut against the light, and he pulled his hood up over his eyes. A wall blocked his view of the human girl, so he stepped forward some. Movement hit his ears, but it was very light. Clearly, she had been surprised. When he rounded the corner, he saw her standing there with the knife in hand. Shaking his head, he looked away from her and headed to the light switch before he turned it off. "You're welcome to try, (f/n), but don't fail."