The Drippiest Stop

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Conversation was dead between them. The ride was silent, and (f/n) found her eyes glancing to the car clock several times. She was counting down the hours of the ride. Due to her hike down the mountain, she probably had cut some hours off of the trip, but it definitely was going to take a long while still.

Already, the two hours that had gone by had felt like ten. If it had been a regular trip, that would've been because she had grown bored; however, that wasn't the present case at all. No, she merely wanted to dash out of the car as soon as she could. Krista hadn't become any less unnerving, and the pit in her stomach hadn't vanished. The air in the car reeked of potential danger, and she could easily picture Krista raising a knife on her.

A chill ran up her spine, but she forced herself not to rub her arms. Then again, Krista might not even respond to the action. After all, the woman hadn't replied to a single one of her comments or questions. Krista completely had ignored her. It was like she was driving all by herself.

At first, (f/n) had thought that she had earphones in since she had started to hum to herself. There had been no such things in her ears, and the tune had been less than pleasant. Even currently, she still was humming it. It reminded (f/n) of music that was played in jack-in-the-boxes.

It didn't help that Krista was rocking her head side to side like a toy out of a horror movie. (F/n) scooted subtly over to the car door more. Quietly, she reached over to the cup holder to retrieve her coffee, which only had a few sips left; however, at the same time, Krista moved her right hand.

Not being to help herself, (f/n) speedily retracted her hand and held it to her chest. Krista glanced over to her passenger and chuckled. "You're so funny, (f/n)." Before (f/n) could answer, Krista looked back to the road and opened the divider. The woman removed a can of ... a can of ... tomato juice.

(F/n)'s eyes widened. She supposed that she should be thankful that it wasn't cranberry juice, but it still gave her pause. The teen really hoped that Krista was going to open the window and chuck it out even though that was highly unlikely.

Unfortunately, she snapped open the lid after she closed the divider. (F/n) stared out ahead, but she could view Krista out of the corners of her eyes. Krista's remark rang in her head, and she imagined Krista breaking out into a laughing fit. The teen did, however, hear laughter behind her. Almost, she adjusted her seat to lean all the way back and slam against the male.

Tipping the can to her lips, she drank a large gulp of the vile fluid. A trail of red trickled down the right corner of her mouth and chin. (F/n) inaudibly gulped. Her stomach tightened. She thought that she was going to vomit. Both of her arms gripped her midsection. Nearly, she begged Krista to stop.

"Ahh!" Krista smiled satisfied. She set down the can in the cup holder. "That really hit the spot." Did she not notice the blood ... the tomato juice on her? Her tongue slipped out of her mouth and licked away the sides. It only made (f/n)'s stomach turn more. Why the h*ll was the woman tormenting her so much? Were her actions truly unintentional? (F/n) had a hard time believing that.

Some of the juice remained on her skin, and a drop of it slid off, but it didn't hit her clothes. No, Krista held her palm under it and caught it. The action was nowhere near as quick as the creature's movements, but it was alarmingly swift. She had to have planned that. Either that or she had stunning reflexes. (F/n) didn't know which was the more troubling, and she hoped that it didn't happen to be both.