The Longest Safety

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

 A blanket draped over her shoulders, (f/n) curled up onto the old, plush chair in a patient waiting room. They had moved her to floor six and made sure that there were no windows nearby. The exit to the stairwell was close, but four armed guards stood watch of it. Five more armed guards remained close to her.

Sitting on the chair next to her, a nurse sat ready in case she needed assistance to move to another location quickly. A wheelchair was next to him. Police had already come by and questioned her on what had happened in the room, and she related the information quietly. Her mind was still recuperating from waking up to that nightmare of a space and to the reality that the creature was still after her.

Several officers remained behind and scouted the hospital for any signs of the creature. So far, no more screams had been heard. Then again, the creature could've silenced them before they even had the chance to do so. There was word spreading around the hospital that news reporters were waiting out in the parking lot, and she was glad that visitor hours were over.

She had been asked on whether she wished for her parents to come over, but she denied the offer. (F/n) didn't wish for them to be driving at night even thought the street lights were on. Thankfully, her day of release was tomorrow. The creature didn't know the location of her home, and there were guards placed at her home in case something were to go wrong. After what had happened in her hospital room, she didn't desire to stay another night at the place.

There were the reporters to worry about, but the hospital staff was nice enough to let her use the back exit, which typically was only for staff. She was tempted to call Nick and ask if he could visit her tomorrow to see if he had anymore encounters with the creature, but she withheld. (F/n) placed the piece of paper back in her shirt's pocket. It was doubtful that the creature would go to another town when its home was closer to the one she was in.

Besides, the call would probably be pointless. Nick might give her a few comforting words, but she suspected that he wouldn't be coming to visit. That first morning of her stay, he seemed pretty intent on getting out of the town and returning home. It made sense. He had no obligation to help her further; he had already saved her life, and she was grateful for that.

Tightening her hold on the blanket, she glanced to the dusty, old wall clock. It was three in the morning. She could feel her eyelids wishing to close, but she kept them open. Whenever she would close them fully, images of crimson and terrible imaginations would plague her vision. (F/n) rested her forehead against her knees and recalled the message that the creature had left for her. A small smirk appeared on her lips. He had made a wrong move.

Absolutely under no circumstance would she be meeting him, but others would be. Police forces would drive there and wait for the creature to show. When he did, light from all angles would be directed on him, and he would be dealt with. Then, she could finally rest.

Eventually, her eyes shut against her will. Her exhausted mind had managed to block out a majority of the images, but some were still present. She would wake about every thirty minutes and would look to the clock. With each half hour, she only desired to leave all the more.

Even though it was so late, patients were still being wheeled by every now and then. The sound wouldn't wake her, but she did see some of them when she was awake. At five, she watched a gurney wheel by. A patient had passed in her sleep. There was a sheet covering her body or most of it. Her limp arm hung over the side and tapped against the metal as she was wheeled away.