The Largest Snap

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

He pushed up his sunglasses with the back of his right wrist and set down a piece of Haley into the storage. His partner's eyes glanced to the deceased girl momentarily before they landed back on him. The creature's smirk only widened as she grew closer. "You've finally come to see me work. That's unusual, (f/n). Has Haley's death given you a change of heart?"

The creature faced her fully. His right hand rested on the storage unit lid. "Or, should I close this?" He didn't receive an answer. Rather, she stood before him and locked her eyes with his. Not understanding what she wanted, he closed the lid out of courtesy and crossed his arms. "When I heard you move around, I thought that for a moment you would try to escape."

"That would be stupid." Her tone was harsh and unforgiving. It caught the creature off guard, and his smirk faltered a bit. "I did consider it, though, but I realized that it would be foolish. Unlike Haley, I'm not about to rush into more punishment."

"Then, did you come out here to tell me your plan?" He tried to analyze her gaze, but it was unreadable. Her (e/c) orbs were lit with fire, yet frozen over with some emotion that was being hidden by the flames.

No verbal answer greeted him. Instead, she tugged on his hoodie. Puzzled, he doubted that she wanted to hug or kiss him, though; that would've been immensely pleasant. "What is it, my little helper?" She pulled on the fabric again. Maybe, she was initiating her plan to kill him, but the conditions were severely against her.

Sighing, he leaned down to her. Her lips were really close. Perhaps, she was going to kiss him. Her warm breath touched his face, and it caused him to smirk again. The smell of human food, though, wasn't too appealing, but she dealt with the metallic smell of death from him, so he figured that he had no reason to complain.

As he was about to move closer, he felt the breath knocked out of him. His hands traveled to his midsection where he presumed that her knee had made impact. The creature leaned forward more, and she took a step back. When his head fell below her shoulder height, a fist collided with the right side of his face, and he was knocked onto his side for lack of balance from the previous hit.

Snow puffed up around him. The creature healed swiftly, though; he didn't stand. He looked up but not as much as he had expected. (F/n) had collapsed to the snow. She was on her knees, and she was rubbing her left fist. His partner had given him a good punch. Normally, he would've taken his dessert right then and there, but his mind shut out the idea upon noting her condition.

There was no possible way that he had broken her. The fire in her eyes proved that, but her body looked as though it could crumple into a ball of paper. He was nervous to touch her lest she shrivel up and die. "My ..." Her eyes darted onto him and pierced his gaze. His words stopped.

"Don't." The creature didn't respond. "I don't care what relationship you formed between us and how many levels there are, but just don't call me any of your nicknames right now. Just don't." Her head hung, and her fingers clenched around her pants, which the snow was beginning to soak.

"What ..."

"You shouldn't have to ask that. You know why. You know what's wrong." She looked to him again. Her left thumb pointed back to the cabin before she glanced over the area around them. Her eyes landed back on his. "This whole thing is wrong, and I'm tired of it." (F/n)'s eyes became watery, and she stared down at the snow. "I'm so f*cking tired of it. My life is ruined right now, and I-I ... I ..."