The Stormiest Seclusion

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

All his right fingers clenched together roughly. They itched to beat down on the doors, and his left ones desired to claw out the pieces of wood. He wanted to scream for the door to open, but he had to remain composed. His fingers had to tap against the wood gently, and his typical giggle had to leave his mouth, though; he had to be quiet about his actions. Sunlight broke through the gaps in the growing clouds, and some town member besides his partner's parents could be nearby.

He knocked against the doors again. His ears trained onto the noises on the other side, and his heartbeat only calmed by a little. Footsteps were nearing him. One of the doors opened, and her mother stared up at him. Hope filled her eyes, and he grinned to her. The creature made his way inside as she stepped aside; however, she paused. "W-where's my dau-daughter?"

His eyes didn't meet hers. Instead, he walked over to the couch by the entrance doors and seated himself. The creature leaned forward and held out his left hand. She froze, thinking the worst. "Ho-how ... how coul-could yo-you ..."

Giggling, he shook his head, but it was difficult to maintain such an attitude. He desired to knock her unconscious and just take her phone. There was an emergency on his hands, and the d*mn woman's stuttering was getting on his nerves. "I didn't kill her. We have a deal after all." The creature motioned her to come closer with his nails. "But, I realized that I need to deal with a loose end before I bring her back."

Puzzled and relieved, she hesitantly took a step forward. "I require your phone. Do you have it on you?" Before she could answer, footsteps sounded on the stairs. Her father soon came into view, and the creature almost rolled his eyes. Already, the man was testing his patience more, and her father hadn't even said anything yet.

"Why do you need her phone?" he questioned, moving to stand beside his wife.

The tall male didn't intimidate him in the slightest. If he wasn't (f/n)'s father, he would be nothing more than a larger sack of meat. "You had heard my answer. You had been at the top of the stairs when I had told her." His eyes glanced back to the woman. "Now, let me have your phone." She glanced at her husband to seek his opinion. Almost, the creature groaned in annoyance. "You'll see your daughter sooner if you hand me the phone."

Her father glared to him before he signaled for his wife to comply. She nodded and removed the device from her back shorts' pocket before her husband passed it to the creature. His nails enclosed around the device, and the man swiftly pulled his hand back.

Ignoring the couple, he dialed Nick's number. It went straight to voicemail. Nearly, an eyebrow of his twitched. Again, he tried the number. The same thing happened, so he attempted it a third time. No new results greeted him. Several more times he called Nick. Every cursed time, it was the same message. This is Nick. Leave a name and message. Thanks. Well, he certainly wouldn't be thankful in the near future.

Crushing the phone in his hand, he heard her mother gasp. A disinterested look crossed his eyes. "It's probably best that you buy a new one anyway." He stood up and dropped the broken phone onto the coffee table. The creature giggled and neared the pair. They stepped back some. Again, he giggled. "Since that was unsuccessful, I need you two to tell me Nick's address."