The Hungriest Return

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

Words failed her. (F/n) tried to take another step back, but fear and shock ruled her body. Her legs collapsed, and she fell back. Even though her arms supported her up, they trembled. She wanted to ask so many questions to try and ease her mind, but they only filed out of her mouth silently.

The door opened fully, and the creature left the space. "Are you really that surprised?" He giggled and placed his hands in the hoodie's pockets. Death encircled him, and she could just spot new dried blood marks on the clothes. "We do have our deal still in place, and I do like our home."

Her hands clenched, and she found that she could speak again, but she didn't. She knew that would break the deal, and her parents would be targeted. Another giggle parted from him. "And, I do like the freezer. It's a shame that not everything could fit in there, but I'm happy that you preserved my food." He stopped a few feet from her and looked her over.

His tongue glided over his lips. "There's a slight problem, however." Involuntarily, she gulped. "Over these last three weeks, I've had a certain craving." An irritated sigh escaped him. "It's been rather annoying. At first, it wasn't so, but it soon ruined my meals."

He stepped forward some more before he took a seat. "No matter what part I ate of the woman, my mind only went back to that craving. I dreamed of it as I ate the officer, and I found myself disappointed every time." His lips formed a frown. "It was really hard having to wait all that time, but I had to make sure that I had given the chief enough time to lower the security around here. And, it paid off. No one knows about our little deal." A giggle parted from him. "Well, two did."

(F/n) didn't need to hear the details. He had eaten the two missing detectives. She bit her lower lip since she knew what he was getting to. Her blood was in the freezer, but he probably wanted a fresh bite. The wound on her midsection had healed, but there was a scar, and she didn't desire another one. "H-how?" she managed to stutter. Stalling him was her best bet for the moment.

"How? How did I survive?" he asked, taking his right hand out and resting his chin on it. He received a nod. "I already told you. I had the two officers." The creature looked around the area and appeared amused. "Do you really want me to tell you more here, though? If your parents walk in ..."

"It's fine. They're outside," she answered quickly. She seated herself more upright. If she went into her room with him, she wouldn't be able to run away as easily. The stairs were her best option since all of the windows were barred. There was still over thirty minutes of sunlight outside. Then again, that whole incident with the police had happened during daylight.

A series of giggles erupted from him. She only scooted away from him. His eyes locked onto her, and he pulled back the hood. He was in the shadows, but she was in the lighter portion of the hall. The creature wasn't even squinting. Had he really adjusted?

"I guess that you've never liked being in a small area with me. Even now, you look like a rabbit about to bolt, but," his eyes gleamed with warning, "I really wouldn't attempt to dart off." He smirked. "I'm starving for you and not for your frozen blood, though; it did taste like ... What is it?" His gaze momentarily shifted from her before it returned. "Ah, it was like a cranberry slushie. Refreshing, but I don't desire that. No, I want a rich, warm dessert. And if you take off, I might just chase after you and let my hunger decide what to do with you."