The Toughest Shopping

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

(F/n) had taken her parents' car since they weren't going to be using it for the day, and her car had to be repaired. Her parents had been tempted to purchase her a new one, but she had mentioned to them that it would be better after the creature was gone. Everything was becoming dependent on the capture and killing of the creature. It was frustrating, and she could finally let out her anger in the car since the creature was nowhere nearby.

When she had been stopped at the red lights, though, she had checked behind her and looked into the backseat. Luckily, the creature hadn't been there, and he hadn't been in the very back either. Once she reached town, she headed to the main shopping center and parked the car. It was only then that she realized how difficult it would be to shop for the creature.

She didn't have his measurements, and buying men's clothes would raise suspicion. (F/n) supposed that he could pass it off as buying things for her dad as a surprise. He was several inches taller than the creature, though, and he had a thicker build. Maybe, she could buy bigger clothes for the creature, and he could make the adjustments on his own. There was also the fact that she could buy him a belt, which would solve the problem of the pants being too big.

Even with those reassuring details, she rested her head on the steering wheel. Somehow her life had turned into buying clothes for a human eating creature, who now resided in her own home. The whole idea of it sounded farfetched, but that was only because she was a good distance away from him. Up close, it was utterly terrifying.

Then again, it had been her offer to purchase the items, but she didn't need her old classmate's bloody clothes constantly around her. She was tempted to purchase bright clothes for the creature, though. That way he could be seen at night better. Unfortunately, the creature would probably catch onto that scheme right away. He wouldn't change into clothes that he didn't want to wear, and she had no intention of forcing him into them.

Making herself get out of her warm car, she headed into the clothing store. She was the only customer due to the time, and the store clerk, who she knew as Haley, glanced over her way. Her dark blue eyes clearly revealed how tired she was, and she gave a weak wave to (f/n). A yawn escaped the clerk's mouth before she turned her attention back to her phone.

Not minding her casual behavior, (f/n) headed over to the men's section. She was glad that the younger teen was on her phone. It meant that she wouldn't be looking over her way, and there wouldn't be that awkward feeling in the air. (F/n) hated when store clerks hovered around her and waited for her to buy something. If anything, that behavior only made her want to form a beeline for the exit.

Looking over the clothes, (f/n) only picked out darker clothes, which wasn't hard since it was winter. The creature wanted to blend into the shadows, so she knew that he wouldn't wear something like bright pink pants. A chuckle didn't escape her lips at the mental image. If anything, he only appeared more horrific.

Once she had three shirts, three pairs of pants, a jacket and a belt, she went back to the register. Thankfully, she didn't have to worry about shoes or socks since the creature seemed to have no preference for them. They probably slowed down his running. She set the items on the counter, and Haley glanced up from her phone. A questioning gaze fell over her face before she stored her phone away in her neon blue, bomber jacket.