The Stickiest Situation

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Waiting and waiting, it made the creature groan in frustration. Normally, he would've woken up the girl, but his partner needed to fall asleep. Her wounds should've exhausted her enough to where she would easily fall back asleep, but she hadn't, so he continued to swing his legs back and forth. The creature leaned back on his hands and listened to the soft sounds in the bedroom.

It had been a few hours since he had left his little helper in there alone. He hoped that soon she would succumb to sleep; he wanted to play with his victim already. Thankfully, the girl was still passed out in the chair. Her wrists looked horrid, but that only made him smile.

The creature supposed that the few extra hours had been helpful. He had been able to store things away. All of his food was in a wooden chest outside, and he had piled snow high in it to keep the food even cooler and preserve it better. (F/n)'s food remained inside since none of it really required refrigeration. It was mainly what he had heard humans call junk food. That made him wonder why it appealed to her at all, but he didn't question her about it. There were much more important matters at hand.

Haley was one of those, but he had trouble waiting for something else. Eventually, (f/n) would have to call out to him for aid. Her body wouldn't permit her to do otherwise, and that made his smile grow into an eager grin. That grin only became strengthened by the fact that he finally understood his actions towards (f/n). He loved her, and he would make sure to take care of her.

For Haley, that only created a far worse fate for her. He couldn't tolerate her insults towards his partner, or her continual blame of (f/n) for all of her problems. There was even the greater truth that she had attempted to kill (f/n). Her poor decisions added up to a dreadful total for her, and his nails tapped against the wood anxiously.

His ears listened, and he heard the light rustle of sheets in the other room. Was she still awake? Sighing, he jumped off of the table softly before he advanced towards the bedroom door. Quietly, he opened it and peeked inside. Beams of pale light shone on her. Her expression shifted into one of discomfort, and he closed the door a bit more. She relaxed some.

A smirk decorated his lips. She was asleep. Gently, he closed the door and returned his attention to Haley. He had left one item of his food out. The container rested on the table, and the meat had thawed out some more.

Going over to her, he looked over the pathetic girl's form. His nails lifted her chin up. The action wasn't caring in the slightest. No, that was reserved for (f/n). New beads of blood danced on his nail tips before they ran downwards and onto his hand. She didn't awake, though, so he applied a little more pressure to her skin.

Emitting a groan, she tried to shift her head away from him. All she did was cut herself. That caused her eyes to open. Another groan, lighter, escaped her as she gained her bearings. His eyes stayed on hers the entire time. When enough sleep finally left her, she jolted back. A sharp cry of pain exited her, and his left hand immediately covered her mouth. "Keep it down a little. (F/n) doesn't need to hear."

She mumbled something against his hand, but he didn't bother to remove it. "I'm sure that it's not important, so stop concerning yourself with her. She's no longer a part of your life." He stepped to the side some so that she could spot the container. "He still is, though, and I think that it's time that you become even more familiar with your boyfriend."