Come Back Alive

Xiao Yan bent his head gently sniffing the green leaf he held in his hand. Such a pure scent, far removed from the smell of the gathered corpses. He inhaled the aroma deep into his lungs willing for maximum diffusion into every cell his body contained.

The female elite in front of him watched his interaction with the leaf. His face was relaxed and his eyes closed, a faint smile painting his features, his attention wholly focused on this small piece of foliage. She broke out into a hearty smile.

"You are a strange one, eh?"

"How is it strange?" He opened his eyes to look at her.

"Everyone is running into the cabin in terror and you take time to leisurely pick up leaves."

"Our aircraft is demolished and the data destroyed, these leaves are the only valuable samples." Xiao winked.

Her face reddened unexpectedly, "Don't try to flirt with me, class B students hold no appeal for me."

"I suppose I should try to level up my research skills to an A."

"Give it up, it's not effort, it's talent." The other party was merciless.

"Well, what's your name?"

"What's the point of knowing my name? Maybe one day my name will be engraved on the monument, but you will not know that it is me. "

After the humans built and settled the Shire they spent nearly 50 years studying the comet virus. Eventually they were able to extract the most complex coding of the viral gene and create the X virus.

After the virus enters the human body, it quickly combines with human DNA enhancing physical ability and cell regeneration. This self healing ability is more than 12xs that of a normal human. Unlike the zombies, they do not lose any brain function or judgement. There is a heavy price though, those infected with the X virus will have no more than 10 years left to live. The X-virus is the key to the Special Task Force's abilities in combat.

"Although I am not a researcher, my memory is quite good. Are you sure you don't want me to remember your name? I was thinking one day I will be old and gray lounging in the artificial dalylight with a lazy cat on my lap. With no children to accompany me perhaps I will tell this story to my pet. I will describe this girl I once know with bright eyes, brown hair and a ferocious demeanor but unfortunately I won't know her name."

Xiao leaned forward, he knew his appearance was nothing special but there were always some females that would comment on his endearing smile. Even his friend Casey, no matter what his wrongs, as long as he flashed a smile Casey would forgive him.

"...... Liv. "As she spoke her name a blush crept up her face.

"Liv, I will remember." Xiao winked, and Liv averted her gaze.

Suddenly the radio kicked on and Marks voice boomed through the cabin.