Chapter 87 Gentle

Xiao Yan's mind raced, his synapses fired desperately until he slammed into a potential solution. The answer rattled him and he quickly calmed his scattered thoughts to tackle the enormous complication ahead of him. As he reached a conclusion, his throat clamped and his grip on Heine's hand tightened.

"Believe in yourself and follow through with what you decide."

Xiao closed his eyes as Heine's calm frosty voice rang cleanly through him. The strength behind his words settled the storm raging in his mind and he issued a quick request to Ervel...asking to inject Winn with the x-virus accelerator.

Ervel's fists tightened instinctively at the risky proposal. He had doubts over such an extreme course of action but immediately understood Xiao's approach after reviewing the data he sent to him.

They formulated an accelerator tailored to Winn's physiology and immediately injected him. His vitals began to fluctuate wildly and everyone watched anxiously.

After waiting nearly six excruciating hours, Winn's vitals settled back to normal. As though Winn could sense everyone's worry, he slowly opened his eyes and reached to rub the back of his head.

An impatient and relieved Mark tore open the chamber and gathered Winn into a fierce bear hug.

"Oh, good. Good. Thank God! I thought that you were going to die! "

Winn reached out and easily pushed the large man away from him. "What? You woke up before me? So have we all successfully adapted the x-2?"

Through the glass Winn looked over at Xiao, who smiled at him and nodded.

The vitality pulsing through Winn was extreme. He lowered his head and attempted to move his fingers. His body seemed to thrum with new life. His mind felt as though it could track the movement of his blood and heat rippled all the way down to his fingertips, igniting every cell in his body. His lungs expanded easily and pulled in welcome air. He felt like himself and yet completely different at the same time.

Winn energetically pushed open the capsule and the sliding door slammed against the home slot, leaving a deep depression in the material. Winn looked at the damage with a stunned expression.

"I... with no effort..."

"Winn. We will have to learn to control our strength again." Liv's voice sounded. He looked over to see her casually leaning against the wall.

"Not just our strength...there was a moment where...I thought..." Winn massaged his forehead with an incredulous gaze. "Laying in that chamber I felt like I was...impulsive...How? We have walked through death so many times yet it feels like I have crossed into another plane."

Liv stepped forward and Winn took a deep breath before his fist bumped against hers.

"Yes! We have crossed again! We are reborn."

Winn looked ahead and immediately saw Lauren sitting near the doorway. His hands were inside the pockets of his white lab coat. As soon as he found himself at the end of Winn's line of sight, he quickly jerked his gaze away.

"Hey rookie? Were you worried about me?"

"You are nothing but a devil!" Lauren whipped his head back and screamed at Winn. Winn clearly saw lines of blood threading through Lauren's eyes.

He walked toward him and just as he was about to press his hand to Lauren's head, he shrank away from the contact.

"Hey! Don't play around! What if you accidently break my head?! My brain is worth more than the likes of you!"