Chapter 91 Falling Sky

Xiao Yan is unable to turn and make an escape.

The zombie opened its mouth wide and moved close to sink its teeth into Xiao's neck. Suddenly he changed directions and grabbed Xiao's chest. Xiao held his arm and the zombie pulled back before Xiao could twist his wrist around.
The creature gasped and panted furiously

The two Special Forces are at a disadvantage. If Xiao Yan doesn't hurry and take care of the zombie in front of him, then the two special forces are in danger of being bitten.

The zombies are rapidly mirroring their techniques. They are adapting the skills and fighting style of the special forces. Xiao knows that if he wants a chance to kill these zombies, then he has to knock them off their center of gravity before they can mimic his movements.

Fighting skills are not the most important aspect of combat, it is speed and decisiveness that determine the outcome of a battle.

Xiao pictures Heine's fighting form and he moved toward the zombie as it launched at him excitedly. Suddenly Xiao slid and turned, kicking at its knee as he rotated. The zombie's legs pulled out from under him and the creature slammed against the wall with an audible crack.

It swayed as it stood up, unable to find its balance. Xiao quickly kicked its head open.

But at that moment, another zombie had already reached him. He turned to face a pair of greedy decaying eyes hovering dangerously close to him.

He is finished!

The distance is easily closed. The zombie is in range of Xiao's carotid artery and it quickly lowers its head to bite him.

Like a phantom, the zombies head exploded splattering against the wall. A gleaming blade flashed and its head rolled along the floor.

Heine Burton stood in front of him, his eyes cold and severe. "They told you to go! Why didn't you listen?"

Xiao Yan opened his mouth to speak but Heine had already turned around to pierce another zombie through its eye socket. The zombie immediately began to retreat and its eye regenerated instantly. They were healing faster than Xiao could even imagine.

A chilling sound crowded the passage and more zombies flooded the hall.

Heine and the special forces had already wiped out the remaining two zombies, they did not intend to fight these. Instead they ran in the direction of Xiao Yan's lab.

"I hope that Lauren hasn't left yet!"

"He hasn't."

Suddenly Heine grabbed Xiao's head and roughly pushed it down. His blade cut through the air above. Xiao looked up to see a zombie hanging upside down from the ceiling of the passage.

The zombies behind them quickly caught up. His door was surrounded with them, Xiao thought for a moment then rushed into a lab.

"Xiao Yan!" The zombie followed him inside.

Heine movements are incredibly fast. His blade slashed over their shoulders to slice off their limbs, and pierce their abdomen but these zombies were smart enough to shield their necks from being cut.

Xiao Yan maneuvered around the throng and hurriedly searched around. Just as he located what he was searching for, a zombie reached him. Xiao Yan was pulled roughly by his ankle. The creature's strength was immense. Suddenly Xiao Yan reached into the cabinet, turned and raised his hand. He pointed the condensation gun at the zombie and pulled the trigger. Immediately the zombies head burst apart. Xiao turned his head away and pushed it aside, letting its torso fall.

"Xiao Yan!"

Heine's voice crackled through the air and Xiao Yan grabbed two more guns and shoved them into the waistband of his uniform. He ran toward the door and fired.

The first shot ripped through the zombie's thigh and instantly the frozen limb began to break apart. Heine rapidly swung his sword and cut off its head. With Xiao's assistance they were able to break through the group of zombies more rapidly.

Heine grabbed a hold of Xiao's wrist and pulled him into the hallway.

Watching Heine's form in front of him, His heart beat madly, pushing blood throughout his body. It was not due to the tension of the moment or the threat of death, his body simply reacted to watching Heine.