Chapter 54 The Ice Cracks

"First I was tasked with security but left my post near General Gordon." Maya took a deep ragged breath and cautiously looked into Heine's eyes.

Heine was silent

"Second, Xiao Yan is on a high security alert. I took him out of the restaurant without any guards to escort him."

Heine eyes scraped over Maya, his gaze dragging painful sparks down his frame. The young major swallowed heavily at the friction.

"Third, I shouldn't have allowed Xiao Yan to get intoxicated. Such a state reduces his ability and judgement. Should a sudden crisis occur he would be in a dangerous situation."

"Hm." Heine softly answered.

Maya stood rooted in place not sure what to do. Should he escort Xiao back to his room or return to Gordon?

"Go back to Major General."

The curt order stunned Maya. He quickly responded, "Yes Colonel," and turned to leave the room.

As he crossed the threshold, Maya's lips tilted into a smile.

Heine adjusted the system settings and continued his training. After a half an hour there were no other simulations available to launch

He walked slowly into the bathroom and dropped to one knee in front of Xiao Yan. Xiao's head was lowered and his hands fell limply at his side. His uniform was torn from his collar down, exposing a large expanse of skin. His legs were spread out and his pants were hanging dangerously low on his hips.

"Wake up."

Xiao Yan smiled sleepily and then was immediately struck with a cold current the minute he saw the stern face of Heine Burton..

"Colonel Burton!"

Unfortunately, the power of alcohol had not released its hold and the minute he stood, his pants hit the ground and his thighs were bare. Xiao Yan attempted to yank them up and stand straight.

Well he thought he was standing straight, in actuality Heine was watching him sway side to side.

"Your army pants belt." Heine said as he stood.

"Ah?" Xiao ran through his muddled thoughts, he remembered dancing with the special forces and the wine...wasn't quite sure where his belt had gone to.

Heine didn't wait for him to answer before he continued.

"Can you walk?"

Xiao swallowed nervously and nodded severely, "I can...Co..colonel."

"Let's go."

Xiao Yan froze for a minute. This meant that Heine was sending him back to his room. The trip back was a long and embarrassing venture for Xiao. He walked down the hallway as his pants continued to fall. Eventually he adopted a suitable waddle and staggered down the passage. Colonel Burton didn't say a word, his simply kept his distance and followed him back. Xiao's head was a mess and he couldn't drag his thoughts together. He reached the door to his room and scanned his finger. However, the door didn't open.

"Huh?" Xiao stared at the panel confused. He used another finger , but still the door did not respond. He tried every finger with the same outcome.

Heine Burton stood behind him, his looming presence made Xiao anxious and his sense of urgency increased in his panic. He hastily opened his com and contacted the quartermaster.

"Xiao Yan student id 1665 my door is not—"

Suddenly Heine gripped his wrist, terminating the connection. Right when Xiao turned around Heine's arm wrapped around and touched the id pad.