New Beginnings

Unlike their time in the ship, all the nodes were open and white light traveled brilliantly through the channels .

When he reached the node that Casey was closed in, Xiao sighed heavily.

"You don't need to be upset."

Xiao Yan turned around to see Casey leaning against the wall.

"I gambled my legs thinking you would win against Valentin, and you did. I got the life I wanted. Also, the prosthesis aren't so bad. My legs feel like they did before, I don't deal with phantom limb pain or anything like that."

Xiao lowered his head and smiled. Casey goal was always clear, and he knows down to the core of his being that there is a price to be paid for any goal.

"Let's go." Heine's voice penetrated Xiao's thoughts.

They walked side by side until they reached the main control room. Here is where the Shire studied and collected data on the warship.

"I must admit that Valentin's technology is extremely advanced."
Shen Bing entered the room.

"Are you sure that Valentin is really dead?" Xiao asked, a deep frown creasing his face.

Bing gestured for Xiao to follow him.

They reached the bilge were all the dead clones were kept, many of them were incompletely developed.

"why are you keeping these?" Xiao's face darkened and he looked severely at Shen Bing.

"We are studying Valentin's cloning techniques. It is difficult to clone an entire human being, but once we understand his technology better we may be able to use his techniques to clone organs."

"You really want to study Valenin's pursuit of immortality?" Xiao Yan was immediately on edge.

Shen Bing sighed and helplessly nudged Heine." Colonel what do you think?"

"This technology was developed for the purpose of pursuing eternal life. But its application depends on the user. There is no absolute good or evil in this world. Regardless of the why, its contribution to scientific research doesn't change."

Xiao Yan fell silent.

"Humans are designed to explore the unknown. We are curious beings, Xiao Yan. The more you ban information, the more it will breed in dark corners. It is better to let it into the light and approach it with an open mind."

Xiao let out a pent up breath. Shen Bing is an experienced researcher and his perspective on the matter is arguable more objective than his own.

When they reached the specimen room, Xiao saw that Valantin's brain had been connected to his spinal chord.

"jane destroyed his brain, so were unable to mine any data." Shen Bing pushed his hands into the pockets of his coat and glanced up at Xiao Yan.

"Do you really want to know what was in his mind?"

"Everyone was curious about his mind before you appeared on the scene. But you surpassed him. Now everyone wants to know what is in you head."

"If I die one day, my body better be complete. I don't want any of you trying to take my brain." Although Xiao said this in a joking manner, his tone was absolutely serious.

Shen Bing looked at Heine. "I am sure that if someone wants to do something, they would have to make it through Heine Burton first."

Xiao yan laughed and then suddenly thought of something. "So among all the clones, did you find Jane Wallace?"

"I knew that you would ask this. Casey tells us that he developed an x-2 virus for Jane and he successfully adapted it. Among all the clones we did not find one with the x-2. According to your statement Jane was trapped in a node that was closed off. When the sea water was drained from the ship and blown out, his body must have been washed into the sea."

Xiao Yan smiled. He knew Jane Wallace too well.

"Lets go Heine. I have no more doubts."

"Ok."