Chapter 41 (Part 2) Do You Believe In Me

The place where Xiao Yan and Jane fell is being watched by a group of people.

If they wait law enforcement personnel from the Ministry of Communication will arrive, but Xiao Yan is concerned there will be Surge killers among them.

Jane grabbed Xiao's wrist and guided him out of the crowd.

"Lower your head and don't look around."

Jane and Xiao Yan walk through the bustling downtown area and pass through a mall to an alley.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Xiao, do you believe in me?"

Jane's fingers were wrapped around Xiao's wrist so tightly the bones creaked.

"I believe......"

Suddenly Xiao Yan saw a figure blocking their path.

With wide eyes he saw a cold light slice through the air, Xiao Yan was certain that his head would tumble down, but Jane hand stopped the other person's blade.

"I was wondering who it was. So it's you Cole?"

Everything is not clear to Xiao Yan.

Jane side kicks Cole, just as Cole went to block it, Jane rapidly changed directions. Cole was left blocking nothing but shadows, and Jane had already knocked him in the knees. Cole went down briefly but took the moment to pull his blade out again. The blood from Jane's hand still stained the surface.

Xiao Yan could barely follow everything. Jane's movements were swift and clean, every blow packed a killing force. Cole's life seemed to flicker, undulating in a cruel limbo.

Jane's elbows knocked against the side of Cole's head and slammed him against the wall. Cole's blade sliced down Jane's side and Xiao felt his spine freeze. Leaning and twisting , Jane escaped the hold and kicked savagely outward, breaking Cole's knees. With a backhanded swipe, he pierced his wrist.

He was now nailed to the wall.

"Cole, you picked the wrong opponent."

Jane smiled lightly and his head tipped back, as he looked upwards the wind brushed slightly against him. His profile was elegant against the dark night.

"Easy---"

Coles free hand suddenly rose up, squeezed between his fingers was an injection needle.

Xiao shouted out a warning to Jane, who quickly slammed onto Coles wrist, brutally ripping his whole hand off.

Jane's white face was splattered with blood, the contrast was a shocking visual.

Cole's expression was twisted and strained, even with his ability to heal, it was impossible to regenerate another body part..

"Why are you targeting Xiao Yan?"

Jane angled up Cole's chin, his smile was riddled with shadows and horror.

":....Colonel, isn't the reason quite obvious?" Cole smiles slowly, and gritted his teeth, "We've never been friends."

"Oh well, no one is with me. My question was why was Xiao your target? Even if you don't care to reveal your identity to me!"

Jane smacked Coles cheeks in twisted familiarity.

"Xiao Yan...successfully synthesized the x-virus...how do you not know that? It seems that the military can't trust you!"

When Jane got his answer he slowly turned back, taking Coles weapon, the blood dripped down the blade. His eyes were fixed on Xiao Yan."

"You synthesized the x-virus?"

Xiao Yan stepped back one step at a time. In his eyes, Jane appeared like a demon from Hell aiming to destroy him.

"......I......"

A powerful feeling of murder rushed at him . Xiao Yan's knees buckled and he fell to the ground.

At that moment, Jane suddenly turned and rapidly swung his blade, no mercy slowed his movement.