Chapter 76 Heine's Anguish

"Heine...Good...You are still alive..."

Xiao's eyes widened as he greedily took in every detail of Heine Burton.

Heine was at his side in an instant, his hands immediately pressed against the wound on his abdomen.

Heine lowered his eyes, an odd tension tightens the air and then something in him breaks apart.

His palm cups Xiao's cheeks and he forces his mouth open, the moment that Heine's lips and tongue touch his mouth... he feels as though every nerve is about unravel and burst open.

Heine's kiss is too hard.

His arms are holding Xiao so ferociously that the bones in his shoulder crack. Heine grabs his head in a death grip and fiercely presses him against his body, the force threatens to crush Xiao's skull.

His kiss is heavy and endless. He can feel his blood rush and thunder through him.

The craft is still flying above them.

Mark stretched his neck and peered outside. "Oh...that is a really long---"

Liv pulled Mark back inside, "Be careful to not get your eyes gouged out!"

Sheldon was nailed to a tree trunk in the distance, his body finally fell down to the ground. His face was coated in dirt. His left hand was still pierced against the tree, and blood poured out from the wound.

"Boss! We should go -"

Mark yelled out.

Heine picked up Xiao Yan and grabbed the knight's blade. He rammed it through Sheldon's forehead.

The action was ruthless and resolute.

Xiao can hear and feel Heine's breath near his ear.

Could this be real?

Did Heine really find him?

As Heine entered the cabin, Mark and Liv reached over and excitedly pulled Xiao inside.

"Welcome home! Xiao Yan!"

"Ah, rookie. We have been looking for you for a long time!"

"Rookie! Good to be back?" Mark smirked at Xiao's shoulder, but Xiao was no longer worried about broken bones.

"I was just thinking...is it real...I'm back?"

"Of course it is real!" Liv winked at him. "Do you need the Colonel to give you another hot kiss?"

Xiao Yan looked at Heine's face, the wind pouring in from the hatch pulled at his golden hair. The strong lines of his profile made Xiao's eyes water.

"You have no idea how many places we have been to find you! We have spent every day in the aircraft. Ahhhh... finally I can go back to the Shire and get a good rest!"

"First we head to the nearest base to resupply." Heine's voice was cold as he issued his command.

"The Base...well...it is better than hanging out in the sky..." Mark wrinkled his nose.

Everything happened too fast, Xiao Yan cannot process the incredible turn of events. He feels the cold air gathering around Heine Burton, the pressure thins the air in the cabin.

How many times can Heine save his life?

The madness of it all made Xiao's heart tremble, now that he is next to Heine's calm demeanor, he feels overwhelmed by it all.

Mark and Liv fell silent and then broached their next topic very seriously.

"Xiao Yan...you are the first researcher to escape from the Surge. I...when you get back to the Shire, there may be trouble for you."

Xiao instantly understand Liv's concern and careful words. He will be interrogated by the torture specialists. He will be suspended from conducting any research for three months. If the specialists have any doubts of his loyalty he will be forced out of the Academy to live as an ordinary citizen.