Chapter 55 Stronger

Xiao looked at Heine with an incredulous gaze. Memories from the night before exploded in his head and he remembers Heine's powerfully forceful kiss. He reaches toward the painful spot on his neck.

It was not an illusion.

This was not a dream.

It was reality.

"Go to the diner and have lunch." His words were a clear and firm order.

Xiao Yan rushed out of the room as though he were escaping something. As he stepped out the door, he remembers walking the complete wrong direction last night. In his drunken state, he had forgotten that he wasn't leaving the restaurant but instead the training room and turned the wrong way back to his room.

Heine had opened the door. That meant the room was Heine's?

He not only went in the wrong room, he slept the night there!

And it wasn't just anyone's room. It was Heine Burton's room!

Without realizing it, he had already reached the restaurant. As he grabbed his meal, several of the special officers came to make fun of him. Ptole was particularly persistent, gesturing toward his throat. Xiao realized that his neck was bruised.

Proof that Heine had indeed kissed him.

Oh God, the Colonel had kissed him! He really kissed him!

What does it mean? He couldn't understand it all!

He took a deep breath, his head felt muddled and his thoughts streamed in several directions. He yanked at his collar, the motion distorting the lines of his uniform.

Winn walks up to him with a shameless smirk. He slings an arm over his shoulder and says, "Xiao Yan, you are still alive. That Maya is really took much, seems he got a little too rough. Did he draw blood?"

He reached to hook his finger onto Xiao's collar, but he quickly grabbed at it and batted him away.

"It was not Maya!"

"Not Maya? Don't tell me you are more than friends with Colonel Casey? Maybe Jessica? No that is not possible she left with Gordon last night, there wouldn't have been time to roll around in the sheets with you. Ah, maybe Liv? Oh no, Mark will kill you."

Xiao Yan felt it was pointless to explain.

Someone placed their plate opposite of Xiao Yan. Long legs bent under the table and a lazy voice said, "Gossip is lapped up easily, don't talk nonsense, Major Winn."

"Maya!" Xiao Yan looked up with a stunned expression.

His hair was cropped short to his face, in a neat cut. Coupled with his tight fitting uniform, his looks were attracting the eyes of many people in the restaurant.

"Maya! What happened to your hair?" Winn nearly spit his soup all over the table.

"I cut it." Maya chewed his food with an indifferent expression. He spoke the word casually as though it were no matter.

"Why did you cut it?" Winn still could not believe it.

"It was too much trouble to take care of it." Maya pursed his lips, a clear indication that he was done with the conversation.

Xiao Yan did not speak. He knew that Maya's haircut had to do with Heine.
Amidst the strange and tense atmosphere, they ate their lunch and Xiao Yan returned to his room with Maya.

Xiao Yan couldn't get used to Maya hair and he kept unconsciously looking over at it.