Chapter 27 I Want To Die In His World

Heine speaks without a hint of impatience. "Dumb rookie."

Xiao smiled with a helpless expression, unfazed by Heine's insult.

If I could understand everything , Xiao thought, I wouldn't be a class B student.

"l will say it again, so listen carefully. Here, in your mind, you are not in a physical form. You are a manifestation of yourself. You have to leave your subconscious and surface through the outer layers of your mind."

Xiao bit the corner of his lip trying desperately not to scream out in frustration.

He discovered then that Heine and Shen Bing possess very similar personalities. Both have a habit of oversimplifying hugely abstract concepts, making the subject impossible to understand and completely overwhelming to attempt.

Heine's eyes are cold and frosty, looking at Xiao, he sees that he doesn't understand what he is trying to explain... not even a little bit.

"Fine, I'll take you out, but it requires that you trust me completely. If you show any aggressiveness towards me, I will exit your mind at once. Understood?"

If Heine leaves him, Xiao will wander aimlessly amid his own consciousness. "I understand"

Heine slowly floats and his body turns in a tight semicircle. His hair hangs down, skimming Xiao Yan's forehead. This particular angle of Heine reveals the soft beauty present in his sharp facial features. His lips move slowly upward, his breath hot against Xiao's lips, his mouth grazing his nose. His body continues its trajectory until he is above Xiao Yan's head.

The whole process was gradual and completely inexplicable.

"Let's go."

Such a commanding tone cannot be argued with.

Even if he is reluctant, even if Xiao is not comfortable with this method, he has no choice but to follow him. His body floated upward and Heine remained relatively parallel to him.

Their figures moved together as if they were mirror images.

They rapidly approach the ocean and Xiao, without thinking, grasps onto Heine's shoulders. Heine clasps his other hand and entangles their fingers together.

It was the first time he has ever been held in such a way---and the person holding him is Heine. Xiao releases a relieved breath at the soothing contact.

As he sees where they are headed, he begins to get nervous again.

"We're going into that?" Xiao glanced upward.

Heine looks at Xiao bemusedly, "what are you afraid of? It is your own mind."

Hein lifts his hand and his fingers submerge into the gathered liquid, the water jumps at the disturbance forming an arc shaped splash.

Heine's expression is calm and unruffled. From beginning to end nothing seemed to sway him or rattle his heart in the slightest.

However it was this indifference that made him appear so steady and secure.

Xiao turns his body in a half circle as they reach the surface of the ocean. Heine's fingers press against Xiao's chest gently urging him on. The water envelops him and Heine maintains a steady and intimate eye contact with Xiao. They drift upward together until Xiao is certain they can go no higher.

Heine starts to fade from Xiao's sight.

Xiao Yan is gripped by intense fear and Heine appears before him again. His golden hair is splayed out amid the water, the light diffusing through each strand giving him a haloed appearance. The scene was impossible to describe. Heine's indifferent expression softened, his sharp features muted by the refraction of the water; a complex emotion shifts the stern lines etching his face.