Chapter 66 Total Recall

I accidentally messed up my initial upload of Chapter 65 (Thank you to the reader that brought that to my attention. Thank you so much!) so make sure that you read all of that chapter, it is very important to this one. It is the core of which this chapter hangs on, and this chapter is important to the whole story. It is very multi layered in its revelations of Heine's intentions during Xiao's training.

Chapter 66

Must escape!

Xiao's hips creak and break and Heine's palm exerts a crushing force against his back. Heine's thrusting body leaves Xiao's trembling in pain.

"I'll give you a tip. Allow this body to break and escape with your mind instead."

Xiao closes his eyes and clenches his fists. Even if Heine is the architect of this body, he must break it apart.

A slapping sound reverberates in his head, and his thoughts spread outward, seeping through the gaps. Everything shattered and he stops himself from rushing away. He knows that the reason Heine can follow his movements is because he has embedded his own thoughts into his consciousness. Xiao must patiently remove these fragments and escape.

"Hey! Xiao Yan! Xiao Yan, you are fine!"

Mark's voice rang in his ear, and Xiao Yan disconnected the link and took off the connector.
His body was oaked in sweat and his eyes rolled dizzily.

Across from him Heine slowly opens his eyes. His expression is serene, he sits calmly as though nothing had happened.

"Wow, Xiao Yan...you look horrible. Did the boss torture you in there> No wonder, few people can fight off his will.

Xiao is rattled and weak, his legs feel like limp noodles and he isn't sure he can hold himself up.

Mark looked back at Heine with a scolding expression, "Hey you scared Xiao Yan!"

Heine slowly rose from his chair and walked toward Xiao Yan. His steps were measured and smooth. Xiao leaned back from his approach, looking up at him with timid cation.

"...for...why did you do that..."

Heine knuckled brush against his forehead and wiped the sweat from his brow. His face is set in cold lines, but the gesture is gentle and soothing. "Because if you had felt safe, you wouldn't have given it your all. You would have lacked the determination to break free."

Xiao was shaking so hard he felt his bones rattle, regardless if it was an illusion designed to challenge him, the feeling of being taken completely and held captive so severely...that terror feels very real. Everything that happened felt so real.

"That... what's wrong?" Mark looked puzzled.

"Tell me, what have you learned from me?"

"Nothing was as it seemed."

In the end it was not the maze that was the trap, but the form of himself that Heine had created.

"You have completed and passed your first lesson."

Not a bit of the ice in Heine's gaze melted, like always he turned away and walked out of Xiao's sight.

"Hey! Xiao, you still look so scared. What did you see in there?" Mark was exceedingly curious.

"It's nothing."

Thinking of Heine's intimate torture, Xiao's heart beats erratically as his blood raced through his veins.

Heine had a million ways to manifest Xiao's fear, why did he utilize that method?

"The mere fact that the Boss let you in his brain was astounding." Mark sighed, resigned to not knowing what had transpired.