Chapter 9 Did You Miss Me

*******So in addition to the spacing issues, I discovered that my spell check in now on the fritz.  I am very sorry for the many errors.  I tried to catch as many as I could, but I am sure it is riddled with them.  I bought a new program, so I will be installing that soon and hopefully it will fix the issues (especially the spacing issue, since I can't fix what I cannot see). I was going to wait to upload  until I installed it....but I couldn't.  So I hope no one minds.

Again I am very sorry. ********

Chapter 9

"He is my friend and I don't want to see him poisoned by you.   Also you have only 17 minutes, is your report done?"

"Oh...Always reminding me of cruel reality." Maya ran his fingers through his hair with more than a touch of vanity. "You are just jealous of me."

"What are you going on about? Something wrong with your brain?" Liv sneered with a hint of a smile.

Maya arched a brow inconfidence, "Everyone is jealous of my hair."

Liv was speechless.

The base is quite boring, since it is a research base there are only a few stationed soldiers.

Xiao Yan slept until lunch was over. As the only survivor inhis class, he has no one to talk to or feel comfortable with. He can only wait until he is transferred back to the Shire.

By the time he made it to the mess hall, there were only a few people remaining. The quiet made Xiao feel even more awkward.

A pair of hands wrapped around his eyes and a teasing voice spoke from close to Xiao's ear,

"Guess who?"

"Guess who..."

"Liv?" XiaoYan answered doubtfully. Liv didn't seem to be the type who would make such a joke, but that voice was definitely Liv's.

"Did you miss me?" the voice stretched into a drawl and Xiao's breath caught. He could feel the person's body heat as they leaned closer.  Their hot breath swept across and brushed against his lips.

"You are not Liv."

Xiao Yan clasped the other person's wrist,attempting to loosen the hold.  A low mocking laugh hung in the air.  

"So who do you think I am?"

" Maya."

"Hmm. I thought I had mimiced Liv's voice perfectly."

The hand on Xiao's eyes loosened and in front of him was a handsome man dressed in a black combat uniform. Looking up at his face, it was indeed Maya. His laughing face was unable to disguise his sharp temperment.

Lifting his leg, he sat down on the table and looked down at Xiao Yan, "Hey you look bored here, sure you don't want to date me?"

The tight combat suit hugged Maya's sturdy body and perfect musculature. When he lifted his hand, he imitated a shooting gesture at Xioa's nose. As he did so, XiaoYan could see his broad shoulders rippling. How had he imagined this guy was a sexy female? It is just too outrageous.

"Um...no..no..."Xiao Yan lifted his plate and prepared to stand up when Maya held his shoulders down.

Under such extraordinary strength Xiao looked as though he were exerting none at all. He couldn't move a single muscle.

"Now my dear, everything Liv said about me is nothing more than rumor."