Chapter 47 He Wants You

Jane walked up to Xiao Yan and looked at him. Xiao's eyes were unshakable, a far cry from the rookie researcher of just a couple days ago. He now held the gun with a steady stance and a determined energy.

"Are you really going to shoot me?" Jane took another step, his large form closing in on Xiao Yan.

The two special forces behind Xiao make a move to step up but Jane waves his hand, gesturing they should stop.

"I will."

"You like this guy that much?" Jane laughs, his lips curved in a smile but his eyes gleam with menace. The power behind them threatens to obliterate Xiao Yan.

"i do not have many friends. Maya is one. I will not hesitate to shoot on his behalf. It won't be the first time I have done so." Xiao is holding a new condensing gun that he designed while at base.

The liquid of Jane's eyes begins to freeze and crack, but he eventually releases Maya.

He takes one more step and presses his chest to the gun, reaching to relieve Xiao's grip on it. He places it back in its holster and leans down, he mouth pressed against his ear.

He breathes his words with bursts of hot humidity chilling Xiao's spine. "Don't let me find out that he is more than a friend to you. If so, I will ensure he suffers so much that he begs me to kill him."

His tone was almost a growl and he paced his words slowly, with a disturbing intensity. Xiao stood paralyzed as he spoke.

After Jane's back rounds the corner, Maya pulled Xiao Yan to him. "Hey, you made it back."

"I'm okay but what about you? Did you get bored of living? Decided you wanted to end it all while fighting that madman?" Xiao punched Maya repeatedly, releasing his anxiety.

"Madman...please. That guy is a straight up pervert. He was trying to get on you."

Maya twisted out of Xiao's assaults and strode fiercely to the soldiers behind him. "Is this how you protect him? Let Colonel Wallace drag him into his bed? Pay attention!"

The expression on their faces is unchanged, but their eyes shake slightly at the reprimand.

"You were almost killed by him!" Xiao continued to scold Maya, all he can see at the moment is Maya falling into a pool of his own blood. The memory shreds at his nerves, he cannot bear to see Maya like that again.

"I cannot tolerate him touching you. I made a promise to..."

"What did you promise?" Xiao Yan squinted at Maya. Maya's face fell into complicated lines and then settled.

"I promised to watch over you."

"Promised who?"

"Shouldn't matter to you. " Maya turned away angrily and strode forward.

Xiao Yan rushed up to Maya and slung his arm around his shoulders. "How can it not be my business? Ah, I am sorry. You were so gracious and handsome protecting me. Don't be offended. Let's get a drink."

"Can you even get a beer? You are so heavily monitored I don't know if you can even leave the headquarters."

"If that is the case, I can just give you the money. Then you go and get the beer and we will have a refreshing drink and a good time."