The Big Game ( X Matt )

Your POV

     I was standing in the front row of the bleachers. College football is really fun to watch. Josh, Sam, and Chris were sitting beside me. We were still waiting for the others to get their food. " I still can't believe Matt is the running back for our team, " Josh said happily. " Remember in high school he was voted ' most likely to be in the NFL, '" I said happily. " Yeah, " Sam replied. Mike and Jess came down the steps Mike sat beside me.

      He handed me a rose with a note. I smiled to myself. " This is from Matt, " he said happily. Ashley came down and sat next to Chris. " Hey, guys! " Ashley said happily. Music started playing. " The game is going to start! " I said excitedly. I set the rose down beside me, saving the note for later.

( Near The End Of The Game )

     Our team was losing by a couple points. From what I could see I think Matt is going to be running it to the end zone. He had to run two-thirds of the field to be able to win the game. Josh turned to me. " Do you think he can make it? " Josh asked. " My boyfriend is invincible, " I said happily. " So, yes. I think he can make it, " I stated. Matt got the ball and started running. " Come on Matt! You got this! " I yelled happily.

      Mike stood up. " Yeah, Matt! " Mike yelled. Matt ran down the field someone was coming up on his right. " Matt lookout! " Josh yelled. Matt was tackled. " Aw, come on! " Chris said angrily. Everyone sat down except me. I stayed standing. Matt didn't get up. I grabbed the rose and held it to my chest. " Come on Matt, get up. Please, " I said softly. His coach ran up to him and checked him out. He yelled something I couldn't hear correctly.

      Some of his teammates ran up to him and lifted him up. They carried him over to the locker rooms. Everyone in the crowd was chatting softly about Matt. I ran down the stairs leading to the field. I chased after Matt with the rose still in my hand. I saw Luca, one of my good friends rushing into the locker rooms.

      " Luca! " I stopped him. " What's going on? Where's Matt? " I asked frantically. " Coach says he might have a concussion. He called for an ambulance. If you want you can come with me but I'm a medical major so they need my help, " Luca stated. I followed Luca into the locker room.

      They had Matt laying on the bench near the door. " Matt! " I said fearfully. I held his hand as Luca checked to see what happened. " Yeah, I think Coach is right. I believe he has a concussion, " Luca determined. Mike rushed in and saw Matt and I. " Is he okay? " Mike asked. I shook my head. " Luca thinks he has a concussion, " I stated. Mike looked up at Luca and Luca nodded.

       I stood up and Mike hugged me. I cried into his chest. The EMTs ran in and lifted Matt onto a stretcher. Mike and I followed. They let us ride with Matt. Once we arrived at the hospital they rushed him inside. Mike and I were told to wait in the waiting room.

     I opened the note that was attached to the rose. Hey, babe. Meet me out front on the steps after the game. I have a... Surprise for you. Love you -Matt. I sighed. I cried softly. The doctor came out maybe 30 minutes later. " Mr. Taylor had a concussion and has now fallen into a coma, " the doctor stated. " Is he going to be okay? " I asked. " I am unsure but his vitals are okay so he will be for now, " the doctor replied.

     " Can I see him? " I asked. The doctor nodded and led me to his room. I waited day after day. Week after week. Month after month. Eight months and two weeks later... He woke up. " Y/N? " Matt yawned. I hugged him tightly. " Matt! I love you! I love you so much! " I said happily.

     " I-I- love you too. Where am I? " he asked. I explained to him what had happened. " Oh... " he replied. " Well, can you pass me my phone? " he asked. He went on his phone for a bit. " Okay, it's still there, " he murmured happily. " What? " I asked with a smile. " My surprise for you was. I found the perfect apartment for us, " he said happily. " What? " I asked excitedly.

     He showed me his phone and I checked out the apartment. " It's huge but it's so cheap, " he said happily. I hugged Matt. " I love it. Even if I didn't, I just want to be with you, " I said happily. " I love you, Y/N. "

Author's Note: This was requested by DanielleCarinci. Hope you liked it! If you guys would share this that would be amazing! Anyway, if you guys liked this chapter give it a vote and comment down below what you would like to see next. Love you guys! 😘