This Nerd Is Mine (X Chris)

Author's Note: I'm back. I won't be updating as often but I'm still back.

Your POV

       I was sitting in the high school robotics lab all by myself. It was boring but I knew Chris would be arriving soon. As if on Que, Chris walked in with a bag of food while on his phone.

"Yes, sir. I will get to it as soon as possible. Thank you, sir," He hung up and set food on the table.

"Here you are darling," he stated as he walked off towards the laptops.

      I opened up the bag to see f/f (favorite food).

"Chris you shouldn't have!" I started happily.

"Oh well," he laughed as I walked over to him.

     I pulled up a stool and rested my head on his shoulder and sighed softly.

"Thank you, Chris," I started softly.

     Chris wrapped his arm around me and I saw a smile form on his dorky face.

"Chris?" The one voice I dreaded hearing when I was around Chris just called.

"Ashley?" Chris jumped up.

      I turned to work on the robot as Chris ran over to Ashley. Fine. I admit it. I like him. Happy? He is adorable and funny and... Ugh. He is in love with Ashley. While angrily ranting in my head I accidentally caused the robot to slip off its place holders and it fell forward at me. I screamed as it collapsed on me, shoving me to the floor.

"Y/N!" I heard Chris yell.

Chris's POV

       I turned to see the robot collapsed on Y/N. I yelled her name as I ran up. My quick efforts to lift the robot weren't working.

"Ashley, help!" I called out.

      Ashley shook her head begrudgingly then walked out.

       What is wrong with her? I saw blood coming out of Y/N's head and suddenly felt adrenaline rushing through me. I lifted the robot up and back onto the table. I lifted Y/N up in my arms and set her on the table. I pulled out my phone and called for an ambulance.

"Hello? I need an ambulance at the high school! My... Y/N! She- The robot fell on her and her head is bleeding! Please, I can't lose her!" I begged quickly.

"Sir, do not worry. I have an ambulance heading your way at this very moment. Take a deep breath and calm down. You cannot help her while you are being frantic," The woman on the other end of the call stated calmly.

      I took a deep, shaky breath.

"Good, now you said her head was bleeding, yes?" she asked.

"Y-Yes," I stated, I felt a pain in my chest and gulped.

"Okay, be cautious with her. Try and remove as much dirt or debris as you can clearly see, apply firm and even pressure over the wound using a clean cloth or piece of gauze. Direct pressure to the cut on her head should slow the bleeding and allow the wound to clot. Got that?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"Don't worry sir, the ambulance is almost at your location. Stay on the line with me and remember, take deep breaths."

      Within the next minute the EMTs rushed in and loaded Y/N onto a gurney. They rushed her out and I followed quickly. I hopped into the ambulance with them and held Y/N's hand as they worked on her.

(A Couple Hours Later)

"Mr. Hartley?" I looked up quickly to the sound of my last name.

"Is Y/N okay?"

"She got a concussion but as long as she is careful and rests, she will be okay."

"Can I see her?"

"Yes, follow me. Just so you know, she is resting."

      I got up quickly and followed the doctor to her room. I felt my heart break as I walked into the room. Seeing her looking so fragile. So hurt. So... Lifeless. I ran to her side and pulled up a chair. I took her hand in mine softly. Her eyes flickered open slowly.

"C-Chris?" She asked, her voice hoarse but still angelic.

"Y/N, I'm here. Don't worry. You are safe."

"W-Why, aren't you with Ashley?" She asked half-heartedly.

"Because I don't love Ashley. But I love you."

"You do?"

"Of course, you are beautiful, intelligent, humble, humorous. God, you are just perfect."

       She blushed lightly.

"I... Love you too, Chris."