37

Thursday 5:38 p.m.

Yoongi trugged behind Jin, Jimin and Jungkook in the grocery store. They were getting things to make for dinner that night before they had to get ready to head to Los Angeles. It's been almost two weeks since that night with Jaehwa. He checked his phone every day in hopes that she would reply back to him but he never did. His heart hurt, thinking about her.

He messaged her brother a lot, when he thought of her, or when he saw something that reminded him of her, or something he really wanted to tell her but he couldn't because she wasn't talking to him. But he never got a response either. He stopped when he saw her favorite snacks and he smiled, taking a picture of it before he took the bag and put it in their cart. The boys looked at him oddly, he wasn't a sweets person.

' Sent an Image. I saw Jaehwa's favorite candie's at the store...I got them. I don't even like candy all that much but she does... ' Yoongi sent the message and sighed. He went back and clicked Jaehwa's messages and sighed again.

'I hope you're doing okay, Jagiya... ' He hit send; and not even a second later he heard a familiar text tone go off from a phone. Yoongi stopped and looked down the aisle and saw a very familiar profile. His breath got caught in his throat, and he was sure his heart almost stopped beating.

"Hyung?" Jungkook spoke, walking back into the aisle. "What's wrong? Aren't you coming?" He asked but Yoongi didn't answer, he continued to stare at the figure looking at the candy. She was still as beautiful as ever, though she looked worn and tired. She had bags under her eyes, her face was pale and red. Her hair was up and messy, and she wore his hoodie that he gave her. She was there. "Who are you looking at-...is that Jaehwa?" Jungkook asked, his eyes growing wide. Her phone went off again and her brows frowned as she pulled it out and unlocked her phone. Yoongi quickly looked down and saw that his message had been seen.

"Is that-?" Jimin asked, his eyes going wide as well.

"Jaehwa!" Jungkook exclaimed with a big smile on his face and he waved his hands in the air. The girl looked over in their direction. Yoongi looked at her with, their eyes locking. He gave her a small smile and a small wave but she didn't return it. Her eyes narrowed at him and she turned around and walked away. He frowned as he walked forward towards her quickly but she turned the corner.

He finally caught up to her and he rested a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Stranger..." He greeted her gently, but she pushed his arm away from her. "Jaehwa-"

"Leave me alone." She hissed at him as she pushed past him.

"Jaehwa!" He exclaimed as he followed her. "Jae, come on please tell me what's wrong?! We've all been really worried about you! I've been worried about you! Please, jagi, tell me what's going on. I want to be there for you-"

"I said. Leave. Me. Alone! " She shouted at him, turning around and glaring at him. He stopped walking so he wouldn't run into her. "What part of that do you not understand!"

"Jae-"

"No!"

"Please, jagi-"

"Don't call me that! Leave me alone!" She hissed and he grabbed her hand.

"Jaehwa please-"

"Don't touch me!" She snapped at him, yanking her hand away from his grasp and taking a step back. She saw Jin, Jimin and Jungkook coming up behind Yoongi. They all gave her small, sad smiles. "Just leave me alone, Yoongi. Delete my number."

"Jaehwa, I'm not going to do that." He told her, as he reached for he again but she took a step back.

"God! Why can't you get it through your stupid thick head that I don't want to be around you anymore!" She shouted. "Leave me alone! I want nothing to do with your stupid band anymore! I want nothing to do with you anymore! I don't want to see you! I don't want to talk to you! I want nothing to do with you anymore! Just leave me alone! All of you!" She pushed him away and dropped her basket of groceries on the floor and stormed out of the market. Yoongi stood there in shock.

Her words processing themselves in his head and he just stood there, staring into nothing. He felt his heart fall, he felt his heart crack. He was in pain. That wasn't Jaehwa...it looked like her, it sounded like...but it wasn't his Jaehwa...not anymore. The girl he saw himself falling in love with wasn't her... that girl was a stranger and it hurt so much. Yoongi swallowed hard, his jaw was tight and he blinked a few times. He felt as if he was about to cry, but he didn't cry. He wasn't going to cry. He needed to leave.

"Hyung.." Jimin said softly as he rested a hand on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Let's go to the car... Jin Hyung is going to check out..." Jungkook said quietly. Yoongi simply nodded as the three of them walked out of the market and to the car. Yoongi sat in the back seat, resting his head against the window. He blinked away the water in his eyes. It wasn't long after that, that Jin came back and piled the trunk with their groceries as they headed back to the dorm. They brought in the bags and put them in the kitchen, but as soon as Yoongi was done putting the bags down he went straight to his room, closing the door behind him.

Namjoon, Taehyung and Hoseok looked at each other and then at the other three boys with confusion, wanting an explanation.

"We saw Jaehwa..." Jimin spoke up quietly. "She was at the market...."

"She was?" Hoseok spoke up, his eyes wide and a small smile was on his face but it fell when he saw the looks of the other boys faces.

"She didn't look okay at all. She looked like a mess." Jimin continued.

"Yeah and she ignored us at first. Well...she saw us and ran." Jungkook spoke up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"She ran?" Namjoon asked, confused.

"Yeah, and Yoongi-hyung went after her to try and talk to her but she pushed him away and yelled at him." Jimin continued the story. "She kept telling him to leave her alone..."

"She said she didn't want anything to do with us or him anymore." Jin spoke up from the kitchen. "And she didn't want to see or talk to him anymore." The other three boys looked at each other with concern.

"That doesn't...sound like Jaehwa." Hoseok spoke up, pulling out his phone but Jin stopped him.

"She was serious, Hobi. You didn't see her face. She honestly wanted nothing to do with us anymore." Jin told him. It was silent among all of them for a while.

"Is Suga-hyung going to be okay?" Taehyung asked in a small voice.

"Doubt it, at least not for a while..." Namjoon answered, looking at his friends door. "He fell for her really hard." They were all silent. "Well this couldn't have happened at a better time." Namjoon signed out of frustration, running his hands through his hair.

"Namjoon..." Hoseok's voice lowered.

"What? We have a music video dropping, an album dropping, and our comeback stage is at the Billboards next weekend. And this happens?!"

"Look, Yoongi's always put his all into performing, no matter what has been going on - we all know this." Hobi spoke up. "He just needs time to process all this and maybe with everything happening will be good for him, a good distraction."