45

3 Years Later, Saturday 7:43 a.m.

Jaehwa sighed as she scribbled some notes down on a students paper. She looked at her phone and saw the time. Seventeen more minutes until she was supposed to see Yoongi. Her lips curled into a smile. He texted her yesterday afternoon saying he was back in Seoul, that he was home and his military service was finished and that he wanted to meet her the next morning at their coffee shop. She was glad he was home. She was glad he was alive. She heard the door open for the fifth time in the last ten minutes and sighed when no one sat at her table.

It was a tough three years, she wasn't going to sugar coat any of it. Especially when two of those years he wasn't even there...

The first few months of their relationship he was away on tour and yes she visited him and they talked every day, it was hard because their relationship was new and official and he was gone. It did make them stronger though, she believed; but soon more ARMY's found out about their relationship. Not all ARMY's were mean and negative towards their relationship; in fact a large percentage were very supportive and happy for them - most of that percentage happened to be international ARMY's. However, she still got a lot of hate and it was rough for her. Still having to grieve for her brothers death when receiving words of death wishes upon her all because of her relationship with Yoongi. However he, along with the rest of the boys, were there for her.

Yoongi also got a lot of backlash as well for openingly admitting they were in a relationship. He had said it in a vlive that he did while she was visiting him in London. She had walked into their room while he was doing one and everyone kept asking questions, already assuming who she was due to the last concert in Seoul and what does he say: "Yeah, that's my girlfriend Jaehwa, she's perfect isn't she?". Of course his manager and Bang PD knew about her and their relationship, and even though they were happy for Yoongi's happiness they were also thinking of his career. He got into a little trouble for announcing it so nonchalantly, and he got a little more hate and negative comments than normal but he wasn't punished like E'dwan from Pentagon was and Jaehwa was so thankful for that.

She had told his manager and Bang PD that if she became a problem for Yoongi and his career she would leave, of course they said it wouldn't come to that, that Yoongi had been very open with them from the very beginning about who she was and who she was to him, but they had to be careful regardless with the public.

But as the year carried on everything began to ease off, fans became more used to the idea that Suga was in a relationship. She had met a few ARMY and Suga biases on the streets, a few had actually taken her class and told her that they hated her at first but she made him happy and he looked healthy and happy. They were glad he was happy and Jaehwa was, and still is, completely honest with them and told them: "I am ARMY too. Once an ARMY, always ARMY. I only want what's best for him and the rest of Bangtan. I'll take care of him, but please still love him too. ARMY still means the world to him and I'll be happy to share Suga with you all."

Of course Jaehwa didn't realize how fast her words had traveled the internet. She supposed that it helped her case as she received a lot less threats and negativity. There was still a lot of people who hated her simply for the fact that she was with Yoongi and friends with the rest of BTS. However as the time continued she began to let it bother her less and less.

Sighing again, Jaehwa looked at the time on her phone. It was eight and Yoongi still wasn't there yet. Maybe he slept in? He must have been exhausted. She shrugged her shoulders and went to stand in line for her second cup of coffee. She huffed as she stood behind a man who was a little taller than her. He had short hair, and she could tell he was wearing a mask on his face. She looked at her phone and frowned. Yoongi was ten minutes late... Jaehwa looked at the door in hopes that he'll come in any second, but he hadn't. She sighed as she placed her order to the barista and paid. She waited at the end of the counter for her drink. She smiled at the girl when her drink was handed to her as she went to make her way back to her table.

Jaehwa stopped in her tracks, her eyes wide and she nearly dropped her drink. The man that was in front of her was sitting at her table. The man that was in front of her turned his head and looked at her and her heart stopped when she saw his eyes. They were his eyes. Yoongi's eyes. She saw them squint the same way they always did when he smiled. He reached up and pulled his mask down and she saw his perfect gummy smile.

"Hey Stranger."

"Yoongi..." She whispered as she placed her coffee on the counter. "Yoongi!" She squealed excitedly as she ran towards him. Yoongi stood up and caught her in his arms. Her arms wrapped around him tightly and his did the same. She buried her face in his shoulder and he nuzzled his into hair; both of them taking in the others scent, allowing themselves to believe they're back in each others arms after two long years. Jaehwa sniffled as she let the tears in her eyes fall and she held onto him as if her life depended on it. She finally pulled away and brought her hands to his face and she caressed his cheek as he smiled down at her; his hands on her hips, gripping her tightly, not wanting to let go. "You're home..." She whispered and he nodded as he leaned down and kissed her.

It was as if time stopped for her, to feel his lips on hers again after such a long time apart. It felt as if he never left and she was filled with happiness and bliss.

"I am home, jagiya..." He whispered as he pulled away. "I've missed you so much." He mumbled, resting his forehead against hers.

"And I've missed you." She smiled as she leaned in and kissed him again. "I have a question though..." She whispered as she pulled away.

"Me first, please..." He asked desperately and Jaehwa looked at him confused but she nodded. He pulled away from her, his hands pulling hers from his face and he held them for a second, squeezing them before he let them fall. He took a step back and smiled at her softly before going into his pocket and pulling out a black velvet box and Jaehwa's eyes widened and she could feel her heart stop. "All I thought about for two years was you. You were in my thoughts every day, your words before I left gave me strength and pushed me to keep going, gave me something to look forward too besides coming back to music. All I've thought about for nearly four years as been you..." He whispered gently. "Your smile, your laugh... your weird obsession with overly large socks and cat shirts-" he teased, causing her to laugh. "-The fact you're a morning person. The way you treat every single person the same despite who and what they are, your big heart...your nerdiness...everything about you has plauged my thoughts for nearly four years but most importantly...how I feel about you takes over my mind and my heart. You make me want to do better, be better, you drive me to push myself but also take care of myself...and I fell in love with that, I still fall in love with that each and every single day." He smiled down at her and Jaehwa blinked away tears, letting them fall down her cheeks.

"And I want to fall in love with that everyday from now on, for the rest of my life.." He continued in a whisper. "I wanted to meet here because it's only right, as this was the place where we first met..." He opened up the black box as he got on one knee. "You mentioned one night how much you loved western proposals, and I know we have a lot of official things to do after this but...Choi Jaehwa, Sarah Lottson, will you marry me, because I'd really love to marry you..." He asked and Jaehwa blinked tears away and she nodded her head.

"Yes...Min Yoongi. I'll marry you."

The End