♡Sixteen♡

Betty was officially seventeen weeks pregnant. She was heading to her doctors appointment, but had to stop at Pop's to pick up Jughead. She walked through the door and saw her boyfriend wearing a white apron and eating his lunch in the corner.
"Hey, babe." Betty walked over to Jughead and kissed him hello. Then she stole a fry off his plate. He glared at her.
"How many times have I told you not to take my food?"
"Well, I'm feeding myself, and your child so you can chill." Jughead rolled his eyes.
"Fine, but once that baby is born, you no longer have an excuse." Betty shook her head, and rolled her eyes.
"Come on, let's go." Betty grabbed Jughead's hand and started walking towards the door.
"Let me just tell Pop I'm leaving." Jughead walked to the back of the counter, took his apron off, and hung it up on a coat rack. He grabbed his serpent jacket and slipped it on.
"Hey Pop!" Jughead shouted into the kitchen.
"Hang on Jones." Pop came walking out of the kitchen wiping grease off his hands. "What can I do for you?"
"I have to take Betty to her doctors appointment, so if you see Veronica could you tell her where I am."
"Of course I will. Good luck at the doctor."
"Thanks Pop." Jughead walked out from behind the counter and walked out of the diner with Betty. About half an hour later, the couple arrived at the doctor. They walked in through the front, and checked in with the receptionist. The receptionist said it would be about a ten minute wait, so Betty and Jughead sat down on the waiting room chairs. Betty looked down at her stomach, and Jughead put his arm around his girlfriend kissing her head.
"Don't we get to find out the gender today?" Jughead asked. Betty nodded.
"But, Veronica wants to throw us a gender reveal party, so we have to wait to find out."
"Seriously?" Jughead said annoyed. "I was looking forward to hearing if it's going to be Ben or Ava."
"I know, but don't you think it would be fun to have a gender reveal party?" Betty asked.
"I guess."
"I know you were looking forward to this, but Veronica was really excited about it when she pitched the idea to me. I thought it could be fun."
"You're right. It will be. I just wished you would've asked me first."
"I know. I should've, and I'm sorry."
"It's okay." Jughead kissed Betty's head again and she smiled, and rested her head on his shoulder.
"Ms. Cooper." The nurse shouted out Betty's name. Betty and Jughead got up, this time following the nurse to room eight. The nurse sat down at the computer and asked the same questions as before.
"So, are we learning the baby's gender today?" The nurse asked.
"My best friend wanted to throw us a gender reveal party, and she printed off instructions of what to do with the gender results." Betty handed a slip of paper to the nurse. The nurse read through it and nodded.
"I will give this to Dr. Williams." The nurse walked out of the room and pressed a button on the wall. A couple minutes later another nurse came in, took a blood sample, and left as quick as she came. About twenty minutes later Dr. Williams came in.
"Hello! It's so nice to see you guys!" Dr. Williams hugged Betty and patted Jughead on the back.
"Is everything doing okay?"
"Everything's great!" Betty said.
"Okay, well let's have a look." Betty laid back on the padded table and pulled her shirt up, so her stomach was showing. Dr. Williams moved the TV in front of the table, and squirted some of the blue gel on Betty's stomach. He powered the TV on and moved the tool around in little circles trying to get a clear picture of the baby.
"There it is." Doctor Williams pointed to an image on the screen. It had developed much more than the last time Betty and Jughead saw it. This time, they could make out little hands and little feet. Betty grabbed Jughead's hand and squeezed it.
"Everything looks great. Your baby is growing very fast, which shouldn't be to concerning, but if there's anything that seems off you call us." Betty nodded. The doctor turned off the TV and wiped the blue gel away from Betty's stomach. He grabbed the ultra sound pictures off the printer and put them in an envelope. He wrote seventeen weeks on the envelope and handed it to Jughead.
"I will send the gender to the place your friend requested, and I will see you in another month."
"Thank you Doctor Williams. It was so great to see you again." Betty said. The doctor smiled.
"It was nice to see you too dear. I hope you have fun at your baby shower." The couple left the room, walked out of the doctors office, and headed back to the trailer.