♡Twenty-Three♡

"Okay, now let me get one of just the girls." Betty and Veronica stood next to each other and posed for the photographer. Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead were going to their junior prom. It was going to be Betty and Jughead's last big highschool event as normal teenagers. The photographer snapped a picture. He looked at the pictures he took, then looked back up at the group.
"Let me get one last one of the whole group." The photographer shouted to the friends. Archie ran out and stood behind Veronica, he put his arms around her waist. Veronica tilted her head up and looked into Archie's eyes. Jughead stood next to Betty and placed his hands on her stomach. She placed her hands on top of his and looked down at their hands. Jughead kissed her forehead. Click. The photographer checked the pictures, then packed up and left. Veronica was wearing a black dress with a feathery shawl. Archie was wearing a red tuxedo with a black bow tie. Betty was wearing a silver dress, and Jughead was wearing a grey tuxedo with a grey tie.
"Come on let's go we're gonna be late." Veronica said. Everyone hurried to Betty and Jughead's car and drove off to the school. When they got there they walked into the gym where Josie was singing one of her favorite songs.

 When they got there they walked into the gym where Josie was singing one of her favorite songs

There were a bunch of people there. Some were dancing, some were eating, some were talking, and others were standing by the wall staring at all the couples looking sad and lonely. Veronica dragged Archie to the dance floor, and Jughead ran off to the food table. Betty was left by herself staring at the crowd. She spotted Kevin and decided to talk to him.

"Hey Kev

"Hey Kev."
"Hey Betts." Kevin said with a frown.
"What's this? Kevin Keller sad on prom night?"
"Well, I'd be a lot happier if Moose decided to show up."
"Is he not here? I thought you guys were going to go public with your relationship tonight."
"Yeah, well I did too. But apparently he's still not ready."
"Well, it's a big step Kev. Remember how long it took you to come out?"
Kevin sighed, "Yeah."
"Come on I bet some dancing will cheer you up!" Betty dragged Kevin onto the dance floor.
"What about Jughead? Is he not here?"
"He's eating. I'd give him at least another half hour before he's done."
Kevin laughed and joined Betty on the dance floor.
"Are you sure this is safe for you? Is Ava going to be okay?" Kevin asked.
"We'll be fine. I just can't really jump." Kevin and Betty danced and laughed for a while. Eventually a slow song played, and they both froze. Kevin bowed and stuck his hand out.
"May I have this dance?"
Betty giggled and placed her hand in his. "Of course." Kevin put his hands on her waist and she put hers on his shoulders. She hugged him and they swayed to the music. All of the sudden Betty saw someone walk into the gym.
"Kevin look! Moose is here!"