♡Twenty-Four♡

It was silent in the car as Betty and Jughead drove home from the dance. The silence was finally broken by Jughead. "Betty, I don't think it's safe for you to go to school anymore."
"What do you mean Jug?"
"This is the second time somebody has done something like this to you."
"I can take it. I'm not scared of them."
"I know you're not, and that's what scares me. I know you won't listen to what they say, you'll just ignore them. So it'll get worse and worse. I'm scared for you and Ava. I'm scared what they'll do to you." Jughead looked down at Betty's stomach. "I just want you to think about it okay." Betty nodded.
"If it's what you think is best, then I won't go to school anymore." Jughead smiled and kissed Betty's cheek.
"Thank you." He whispered. All of the sudden a screeching car came swerving out of nowhere. Jughead lunged in front of Betty trying to protect her from the incoming crash. The car crashed into Betty and Jughead's and both cars shook. Betty's head was thrusted backward and she was knocked unconscious. Jughead was jerked every which way possible,  he was knocked unconscious, with broken ribs, and many cuts along his body.

Betty woke up in the hospital with an IV in her arm and stitches on her head. A nurse was in the room checking monitors and tubes.
"Oh, Hello Ms. Cooper. Glad you're finally awake."
"What happened?"
"A drunk driver hit you and the young man you were found with. No worries though you and your baby are okay."
"Where's Jughead?! Is he okay?!"
"Mr. Jones is in a....he's...uh...he's in poor shape."
"Oh god. What happened to him? Where is he? Can I go see him?"
"I'm afraid not Ms. Cooper. Mr. Jones is in a coma, he is not permitted any guests until the doctors says so."