Epilogue

"Come here baby. Grandma wants to say happy birthday." Betty called to now two year old Ava, who came running down the hall.
"Grandma!" Ava yelled. She ran into Alice's arms and Alice swallowed her in a big hug.
"Happy birthday sweet girl!" Alice said. "Here this is for you." Alice handed her a pink giftbag. Ava ripped the tissue paper out.
"It's a dolly!" Ava hugged the plush doll to her chest.
"What do you say?" Betty asked.
"Thank you." Ava replied.
"You're welcome, sweetheart." Alice said. Ava ran off to play with her friends.
"Thanks for coming mom." Betty hugged her mom. "Do you want to come in for some cake. We're about to sing happy birthday."
"Sure, honey." Betty and Alice walked through the door of her and Jughead's new house. "The house is beautiful, Betty. I'm so proud of you." Betty smiled and thanked her mom. She walked into the kitchen and picked up a cake with white frosting that said Happy Birthday Ava in pink frosting across the top. Betty took some candles out of the pantry and put two candles in the cake. She lit a match and lit the candles on fire. She shook the match to put the fire out.
"Jughead! Could you get the kids ready for cake?" Betty yelled from the kitchen.
"Yeah babe!" Jughead yelled back.
"Mom can you go help Jughead." Alice nodded and left the room to help Jughead.
Betty carefully lifted the cake off the counter and carried it into the dining room. She placed the cake in front of Ava, and started to sing. Everyone joined in with a mix of singing and shouting.
"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Ava!  Happy Birthday to you!"  Betty kissed Ava's head.
"Make a wish sweetheart." She whispered. Ava closed her eyes and blew the candles out. Everyone clapped and cheered.
"What did you wish for baby?" Jughead asked.
"I wish for Mommy and Daddy to get married." Ava said. Betty looked up at Jughead and made a suprised face.
"Well, wishes are supposed to come true. Aren't they?" Jughead said as he got down on one knee and pulled a ring out of his pocket. Betty gasped and started to cry.
"On this day two years ago I fell in love for the second time, but Betty Cooper you were my first love. And my love only grew for you when Ava was born. I love you so much and I can't picture my life without you. So, will you marry me?" Betty nodded with tears in her eyes, and gave Jughead her left hand. He slipped on the ring and pulled her in for a kiss. Everyone started clapping and cheering. Ava was laughing, clapping, and jumping up and down. Betty and Jughead smiled as they turned to face the crowd. Betty wiped tears from her eyes then crouched down as Ava came running towards her. Betty smiled and picked Ava up, then kissed her cheek. Jughead kissed Ava's forehead, and they all cried and smiled.