Chapter 1-"First Day Jitters"

Liliana-

"Congratulations Ms. Chavez, you are hired." Said the kind secretary with a friendly smile, as she shook my hand.
"Thank you, but please call me Liliana." I smiled in return, my spirit lifted, my nerves eased for now.

When I had walked into the office earlier after receiving a call back following the peer interview, my nerves were practically suffocating me, but now I felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. Even if it was for a little while, now all I had to worry about were first day jitters.

"And you can call me Jenna. So because this is the busy season, most of the onboarding process will be done via email, but no matter, we have to jump right in. You will be On call 3 times a month, and your hotel expenses and travels are covered by the company. You just make sure to get to the private airport 1 hour prior to departure so you can prepare. We have different partners, clients and businesses that we tend for, so don't be surprised if you're flying Ms. A today and Mr. Z next week. It is not common for a hostess to only fly on one Jet, but every one of our members have their preferences. Your training begins tomorrow with Chamille, and you will be flying to California with the Dunns. Lovely couple, you will love working for them. Consider them as your general training, but try to keep up as much as you can because once you've dropped them off, you will be flown back here, and your second trip will be to Rome with Mr. Frantz Cavalier." Jenna began going through her explanation as quickly as possible.

"Wait- by myself?" I found myself cutting her off, but quickly apologizing after realizing that I wasn't even two minutes on the job and I'd forgotten my manners.

Jenna looked over and simply laughed as she said "no silly. Chamille will be there. You will have an entire 7 shifts, or in our case, trips, to train. I have paired you with Chamille because you're a fast learner. I mean you aced the mini-training during the peer interview so I know you'll do well."
"Okay." I nodded sighing and trying to calm my heart which had skyrocketed from my chest at the thought that I would be flying solo just after one trip.

"Please understand that because of the high volume of travels, we would usually start you off on a series of easy trips, and move on to the more complicated customers later on, but you are an intelligent woman, so I have faith that you will be just fine. Just try to keep up with Chamille and keep mental notes. When you are at the hotel with Chamille, you can ask as many questions as you want, but never in front of the clients. I will email you the rest of your schedule by this evening. If you have any questions you can reach out to me personally, otherwise welcome aboard." Jenna delivered, as though she had rehearsed these lines prior to seeing me.
Slightly overwhelmed but still excited, my smile widened as I nodded quickly and added a "Thank you."

After exchanging our goodbyes, I was ushered out of her office, then I followed my way out of the building, and began making my way to the bus stop across the street from the building, which would take me into town.

Living near but not exactly in the city had it's advantages. As well as its disadvantages.

While sitting at the bus stop, I decided to call my mom and tell her to news.

Just as the phone began to ring, I noticed a black fancy car with a logo I didn't even know the name of, pull up to the company's building.

Curious, I tried to look busy on the phone but still kept my eyes on the car.

The driver opened his door, and stepped out. He was wearing a black suit, and a black hat. He walked around the car and opened the right back door.

As soon as he did so, a tall man in a well fitted black suit stepped out. I saw a quick view of his profile, but even with my glasses I wouldn't be able to see him perfectly.