Chapter 20- "You Left Me Alone"

Narrator-

Liliana found herself waking up to the sound of running water. She refused to open her eyes and simply hummed softly as she turned from her back, and onto her right side, as she snuggled deeper into the warm sheets and greedily breathed in the light scent of the cologne she had often fantasized about. Liliana's lips formed a thin smile as she believed that she was once again having a dream where Mr. Cavalier was the star, and as she did so, she ran her legs over the form mattress which adjusted to the weird shape her body had settled on. Liliana had almost drifted back to sleep when her subconscious screeched louder than a speeding Ferrari tires forced to a halt. 

Lili's eyes snapped open as she sat up quicker than she should have, causing her head to spin, and a tugging pressure was applied to her wrists, and Liliana realized both her wrists were tied to the best post. The ties that banded around her wrists allowed for enough motion in the bed, but as soon as she pulled farther than her limit, the ties pulled back. Liliana's eyes looked around the strange room frantically, as her breathing began to accelerate. She laid on a king bed, which was positioned at the center of the further wall. To her left were floor to ceiling windows, and two glass doors that led to what appears to be a balcony. The room had minimal amount of furniture, and ample amount of space, with a color combination of white, light and dark grey. 

The glass windows were covered with sheer white curtains which did nothing to keep the sunlight of the room. There was a small sitting area in the far corner, with a love seat and coffee table facing a television stand. Facing the bed was a door that Lili assumed led to the bathroom, because the running shower seem to be coming from there. A door to Lili's far right was closed, and the door that Lili assumed led out of the room was also closed. After taking a breath to calm herself, Liliana tried to removed the fabric band that made her prisoner to the bed, except when she surveyed the band closer, Liliana quickly realized that the fabric simply covered a pair of metal handcuffs. 

Liliana could feel her panic settling in by the second. There was no doubt in her mind that she was in Mr. Cavalier's room. But how did she get here? Liliana tried to retrace her steps yesterday, except, her memory of the past 24 hours were in foggy snippets. She remembered having a heated argument with Mr. Cavalier in Quebec, then she remembers flying home. Carlos picked her up at the airport, then he led her home... then... then... 

Liliana squinted her eyes as she shook her head when a splitting headache made birth in her brain. Lili sighed, then she tried again. She remembers arriving home, Carlos asked to come inside, Lili refused... he had his hand on her neck, against the car... he tried to do something... bad... but then Frantz came in... there was blood... a lot of blood, enough to dirty his clean white dress shirt... then Liliana couldn't breathe... she couldn't breathe! 

Frantz's dark eyes looked her way. Made her feel guilty. She couldn't breathe and he just kept on staring. His dark eyes were punishing her. His heavy gaze was scrutinizing her, and when she had run out of oxygen, it was all black. 

"Glad to see you're awake." Frantz's voice suddenly pierced Lili's mind, causing her to shriek and practically jump out of her skin. Frantz studied her with a raised eyebrow, while he was dressed in a simple white shirt and grey joggers, making Lili gulp harder than she should have.
Liliana shook her head, snapping out of her daze as she shook her bound wrists as and said "seriously?"
"Yes seriously. It was meant to keep you from going, as they say, 'bat shit crazy '." Frantz stated as though it was obvious.
"Why am I here?" Liliana asked, her voice harsh and unfriendly.
"Thought I'd keep an eye on you overnight, make sure you're okay." Frantz replied, as he shrugged casually, then pulled a stool next to the bed and sat down, simply staring at Lili. 

Liliana looked at Frantz as if waiting for him to say something, and he did the same.

"Well as you can see, I'm fine." Liliana shrugged, and Frantz simply replied, "yes".
"So?" Liliana asked, raising an eyebrow.
"So... what?" Frantz asked clueless.
"So let me go!" Liliana replied, her words coming out in a tantrum.
"No." Frantz took no time in replying.
"NO?!" Liliana boomed before she could stop herself.
"No," Frantz confirmed, then he stood up and began heading for the door, "I'm going to get breakfast." Then with that, he walked out before Lili could say another word.