Chapter 2- "Glass of Red Wine"

As he got closer, I gulped. His footsteps began to echo simultaneously with my heartbeat, I tried to take a deep breath, but I knew nothing was going to calm my racing heart, and the closer he got, the more my nerves pumped through my veins.

Liliana- 

"Alright, so as you can see Mr. Cavalier is not much of a talker, which is okay because you will run into some clients who are a bit on the arrogant side, and some others who are a bit more relaxed and friendly. Anyway, we're going to perform a walk around and make sure he is all settled and buckled in." Chamille explained, and I silently nodded, still trying to calm my nerves. 

This would be my first time getting on a plane after the incident from my previous job, and to say that my heart was racing would be an understatement. And a very tall and intimidating Mr. Cavalier was not making it any better.

When Mr. Cavalier entered the plane both Chamille and I greeted him, however he simply brushed past us and barely even glanced our way. I found his actions quite rude, but who was I to tell the client off on his manners? 

He simply strolled by us, and sat down pulling out his laptop.

It seemed Chamille was used to his character, because she simply went about her day as though his actions no longer bothered her.

As we walked around making sure everything was in place, I pursed my lips as we got closer to him. It was a way to focus on my breathing, and I just hoped I didn't begin to sweat.

I hated being nervous, but given that it was my first day, I had no room for mistakes.

Chamille approached Mr. Cavalier as she clasped her hands before her and addressed him with a smile, "Mr. Cavalier, it my pleasure to introduce you to Liliana, she is the newest addition to our team and will be flying with us today."
"Its a pleasure." I smiled softly when his eyes flashed to me, and as a result, he simply hummed, and focused back on his laptop.

Rude much.

Chamille cleared her throat softly, then she continued, "We are getting ready for take off, and I just wanted to know if you were ready?" And for a moment, he didn't reply, so I sent a quick side glance towards Chamille, who still kept a soft smile on her face.

I tried to copy her actions, but his lack of acknowledgement was quickly getting under my skin, but after typing a quick note on his laptop, he closed it and packed it away, then he leaned back and finally acknowledged Chamille with a firm tone as he said "of course." Then his eyes flashed to me once more, and my heart dropped.

Sweet baby Jesus, he was a "foreign handsome beau" as my mom would put it.

His well defined face was shaven and clean. His sharp straight nose fit well in with his square jaw, and defined cheek bones. His hair once again well combed and in place. His eyes a dark shade of brown, only highlighted by the overhead light above him.

His dark eyes simply brushed over my appearance, then he looked away, leaning against his arm, and brushing his fingers against his lips.

I took that as our dismissal.

His gaze was enough to have a heat envelope my skin, and I found my palms getting sweaty quickly. Something about the way he carried himself made me want to run in the opposite direction and quickly.

And I didn't even know the man, but he just seemed like bad news.

Or maybe it was my nerves?

I gulped as Chamille nodded, and we walked away.

As we sat down and buckled in, Chamille turned to me and found my questioning gaze and she smiled and said "I've flown with him a few times before, you get used to it. So, now that the client is settled and buckled in, we buckle in, and you dial *9112 on that phone." Chamille pointed to a red phone, and I nodded, picking it up.