Chapter 3- "Thinking Out Loud"

So far on my first day, the only thing I could think about was that I was in very big trouble, and all because of a glass of red wine.

Liliana-

It would take a few minutes before Mr. Cavalier returned to his seat, and once he did so, I tried my best to not even glance at his shadow.

Chamille kindly showed me where to find the wine removal kit in the kitchenette. Apparently it was a common accident that occurred on these trips, and I was ready to breathe out in relief. However she rained on my parade when she said that I was the first to spill wine on Mr. Cavalier.

And as if that wasn't embarrassing enough, thinking back to our encounter in his room, I found myself cringing at how my mouth simply ran itself off in front of him.

I wish the floor of the plane could open up and swallow me whole.

After cleaning his shirt, Chamille did get Mr. Cavalier his glass of wine, then we had a moment to sit before lunchtime.

While Chamille submerged herself in a word search, I began reading a book to help me pass the time.

At some point I was so caught up in the story, I didn't realize that Chamille had stepped away, and Mr. Cavalier was calling for something.

Unsure of what to do, I closed my book and made my way towards him.

He was once again on his laptop, and here I was standing before him, waiting for him to acknowledge me.

"I asked for Chamille." He finally spoke after a moment, his eyes still glued to his computer screen.
"Well I apologize sir, Chamille had to step away for a moment. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked professionally.
"No I don't want you." He simply brushed me off.

Well ouch. That kind of hurt. It felt like a rejection.

Taken aback I had to suppress myself from rolling my eyes, and simply replied with a tight lipped smile "well sir, I'm sure whatever it is I could be of assistance, but of course if you'd prefer Chamille, I'll be sure to have her tend to you as soon as she gets back." With that I prepared myself to walk away, but after taking two steps out of his line of view, I heard his voice rise as he asked, "did I dismiss you?" And my heart sunk.

His tone, so rich and smooth, ran through my being, hitting the one spot I figured was dormant in my body. Not to mention, a bit of fear to unsettle my already nervous spirit.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled my shoulders back, composing myself, and headed back towards him.

I stood before him and he said nothing.

He simply had this subtle, pompous, arrogant smirk on his lips, and as I realized that he wasn't going to talk anytime soon, I sent a silent prayer.

He was punishing me.

Great.

Now I had to stand here for God knows how long, and I couldn't even say anything to the arrogant bastard.

"I'm a bastard?" I heard Mr. Cavalier's voice ring through my ears.
"Wh-what?" My mouth ran dry, an embarrassed heat rushing over my neck and face. I was thinking out loud.
"You called me a bastard." He simply accused, his eyes now resting on me, which did not calm my discomfort.
"No sir I did not." I denied, though my nervous fingers told him otherwise.
"Are you calling me a liar?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side. Oh he was enjoying this. He was amused. I could tell.
"Well technically I was thinking out loud, so it can be considered as a private conversation between me and myself, which pretty much means that what I said was not relevant to you." I blurted out before I could stop myself.