Chapter 19- "No Witnesses"

Narrator-

When Mr. Cavalier began climbing the stairs, Liliana released a deep breath and put on a practiced smile as she said "good morning Mr. Cavalier." And as usual she received nothing. He simply brushed passed her, his eyes forward. He said nothing, he didn't even make a sound. His expensive cologne once again registered in Liliana's nose, and her brain instantly reminisced on the previous close encounters she had with the one man she found herself confused about. Thinking over the moments he touched her, and held her against his body, it made Liliana's body tingle from her head to her toes. Surprisingly, Lili was hoping to have a close encounter with Mr. Cavalier again, even though, she knew that it may never happen again. Not after he found her with Carlos. 

The flight to Quebec would take roughly nine hours, and honestly Lili wasn't looking forward to this trip. She never planned it, so it was irritating that this trip was screwing up the day she had plan to relax. In fact, Liliana was so pissed at the sudden change in plans that she forgot to call her mom and tell her that she was flying to Quebec. Even now, Lili had no idea how long the trip was going to last. Sighing in a frustrated manner, Liliana proceeded to close the door while grumbling under her breath. As much as she wanted to visit Canada, it was not under these circumstances. The fact that Mr. Cavalier was forcing her to be here was irritating enough, and it didn't help with the situation she was facing alone with Carlos.

Liliana was So disappointed in herself for not standing up to Carlos, and now she has found herself in a very bad position, with no idea had to get out. Lili wanted to tell someone, anyone, but she was afraid of how they would perceive her. While some people would see her as a victim, others may choose to penalize her and ask why she waited so long to say something. Liliana had often looked at victims from similar cases and always wondered why they kept silent for so long, and now that she was a victim, she understood why. 

Lili was well aware that she had a supportive entourage, and the love from her parents was undeniable, but the shame, the embarrassment, they tortured her to absolute silence. Why was her body used against her? Why was her body used as a main weapon against her self consciousness? Why was her body used to make her feel self aware, and unsafe? 

Liliana shook her head. She felt tears prick the corners of her eyes, but she blinked them away. Now was not the time. 

Frantz settled in his seat, and finally chanced a look at Liliana while her back was to him. He noticed just how tense her shoulders were as she closed the door, and he could only imagine that her frustration was directed at him. But then, right before she turned and headed his way, there was a moment where her shoulders sagged, her head was down, and she shook it as if she was tired, or maybe disappointed, and Frantz wondered whether he had given her the cold shoulder for too long. 

But who could blame him? 

He tried many different approaches to get Lili to give him a chance, but she turned him down every time. He figured it that her reasons had to be because she was a woman of virtue, and she respected the work ethic and avoided having relationships at work. But that last reason was soon thrown out the window when Frantz found Lili getting cozy in Carlos's arms. To say he was shocked would be an understatement. Noticing how Lili happily allowed Carlos to kiss her, and taste her lips... those lips, it made Mr. Cavalier's blood boil. It took all his will power not to pummel Carlos, and take Liliana far away where no other man could touch her. But once again, Frantz found himself pumping the brakes, and walking away. He was trying to be patient. He didn't want to scare Lili into loving him, nor did her want to force her into being with him, so that asked for a lot of self restricting, but Frantz could feel his patience running out, and he feared that if Lili continued to push him, he might lose all control, and that wouldn't be a good thing.