Chapter 8- "The Life Saver"

Narrator-

Throughout the remainder of the flight, Liliana stayed in Chamille's shadow. Chamille noticed the tension between Liliana and Mr. Cavalier, and to avoid a possible crash landing, she took over the entire trip.

During the times of interaction between the hostesses and Mr. Cavalier, Liliana kept her head up, and avoided eye contact with the insufferable man, and during their time away she dodged every question Chamille sent her way.

In between the hourly checks on the client, and immersing her mind in the fictional world of her favorite authors, Liliana saw that the time went by a lot quicker than she initially expected, and soon enough, they were preparing to land.

After ensuring that Mr. Cavalier was buckled in, the hostesses buckled themselves in as the plane got lower in altitude.

When they landed safely, Liliana let out a relieved breath then she turned to Chamille as she proposed "I'll go open the door, and you check to see how the landing was for him."
"Okay." Chamille simply shrugged because she knew that Liliana was avoiding Mr. Cavalier at all costs.

All the while Mr. Cavalier waited to see how the final moments of the trip would play out.

He noticed that Liliana caught on quickly to his game, and she played it cool, as if she wasn't bothered by the fact that he ignored her. He knew that his actions earlier were a bit harsh, but he just wanted her to beg for his attention. However, it seemed that his actions so far had been futile.

He noticed when Liliana waltzed passed him, and he couldn't help it when his eyes glided towards her shapely legs, then he brought his eyes back up as he studied her swaying hips and backside. Frantz could only imagine the pleasure he would receive when he handled her backside, and he found that he would rather have that pleasure sooner rather than later.

Frantz kept his eyes on Liliana as he unbuckled himself from the chair. Then, something came to him.

Rather than just ignoring her, he would confuse her. Play with her mind until she couldn't figure out his angle. He knew it was cruel of him, but she hurt his ego, and no one got away with hurting his ego.

Chamille approached him with a smile, and after a small exchange, he began following her out of the jet.

Liliana noted Chamille and Frantz approaching in her peripheral vision. As they got closer, Liliana fixated her eyes straight ahead, but she could feel his eyes on her. Liliana tried to keep her breathing calm. She avoided moving or doing anything that could hint just how nervous she felt.

But on the inside, she was a mess. Her heart was thumping in her chest. She could feel the sweat forming in her armpits, her intertwined fingers also drowning in sweat.

Liliana was silently preparing herself for whatever rude act he prepared to send her way, but the moment Chamille stood next to her, Liliana felt her heart leap out of unwelcomed excitement.

"Have a good evening Mr. Cavalier." Chamille stated, and with a "thank you." Frantz replied to Chamille.

Liliana drew in a breath, ready to be ignored by Frantz once again, when he did the last thing she expected from him for the day.

As Mr. Cavalier passed her by, with a simple "Liliana." He exited the plane.

Liliana was struck dumb.

She looked after the departing man and frowned out of confusion, her jaw slightly parting out of surprise and bewilderment. She did not expect him to address her. Especially since he had been giving her the cold shoulder all throughout the flight.