Chapter 5- "When in Rome" Part 1

Narrator- 

Upon arrival at the Suite Reale Hotel, Mr. Cavalier's car stopped in front the Valet. When the Valet noticed who's car it was, he hurried to open the door, given that this hotel was owned by Mr. Cavalier.

A few moments later, the car which escorted Liliana and Chamille pulled up behind them.

When Liliana spotted Mr. Cavalier's car, confused, she turned to Chamille as she asked, "he's staying at the same hotel?" 
"Yeah, he owns it." Chamille explained as if it was old news. 
"Oh." Was all Liliana could mutter as she caught a glimpse of Mr. Cavalier when he stepped out of his car. 

When he was fully out of the car, Mr. Cavalier's eyes flashed to the tinted window where Liliana sat, as if he could sense her eyes on him, then he simply turned and entered the building, once again not bothering to thank his driver.

When the driver opened the door for Chamille and Liliana, he helped them out of the vehicle, handed them their belongings, then bid them good day with a slight bow of his head. 

Liliana returned the gesture with a small thanks, which earned her a smile from the driver.

Liliana took a deep breath and looked around with a smile. The fresh air blowing over the lake which was across the street from the hotel entered her nostrils, and filled her lungs with a refreshing breath. The warm sun kissed her skin as the foreign chatter registered in her ears. 

She was in Rome.

Chamille allowed Liliana a moment to enjoy the scenery, then once Liliana seemed satisfied, Chamille tapped her shoulder and said "Come on." 

Grabbing the handle on her suitcase, Liliana followed Chamille into the hotel, and there she stopped in her tracks. 

Liliana couldn't stop herself as her eyes widened while her neck directed her head from left to right, her brain trying to snap a mental picture of every single detail of the hotel lobby. 

Shiny ceramic floors reflected the rainbow like sparkles emitting from the grand chandeliers that lit up the entire lobby. The white walls with gold additions were well complimented by the various natural green plants used for the indoor decoration. A gorgeous red carpet runner welcomed the guests from the revolving doors and led them straight to the concierge desk. Coffee tables and comfy sitting areas were perfectly positioned all throughout the lobby. 

The lovely chatter of guests and staff filled the atmosphere, and Liliana was at a loss for words.

"I had the exact reaction when I first came here." Chamille spoke next to Liliana, who blushed embarrassed at her gawking, then she replied shyly "sorry, it's just beautiful, I mean you only see places like these in movies and pictures."
"I know, but come on, we have to get to our rooms, there are a few post trip procedures we have to follow. Then once we're settled I can show you around and you'll be able to enjoy all the sceneries." Chamille explained as she began leading Liliana towards the front desk.

After checking in with the concierge, both women were given key cards to their room upstairs, then they headed up. As they rode the elevator, Liliana was suddenly reminded of something very important.

"Hey, where did you say I could find the phone and make the long distance call? I have to let my parents know that I'm alright or else they'll start freaking out." Liliana asked Chamille, who in turn smiled and said "don't worry, we have a phone in the room, and once you're done with the call come meet me in the dining area we have a few things to discuss." Chamille stated, which caused Liliana to gulp nervously as she asked, "am I in trouble?" 
"What? No. Why would you think that?" Chamille laughed as she shook her head at Liliana, who as a result simply shrugged and replied, "No reason, just wanted to make sure you know?" Liliana chuckled then sighed as the elevator dinged, indicated that they had arrived on their designated floor.