Chapter 11-"Keep the Distance"

Narrator-

For the remainder of the trip, Liliana fell into the routine of checking into Mr. Cavalier, and receiving simple hums for responses. Lili had to admit that his behavior was irking her, but she didn't dare speak up to him, not after what occurred between them. Her goal from here on out was to be as invisible as possible when it came to Mr. Cavalier. His behavior so far showed that he would respect the terms of their agreement, and Lili wanted to believe that that's what she wanted him to do.

Keep his distance.

When alone, Liliana couldn't help but feel slightly ashamed that she gave into her feelings and allowed him to touch her. Yet at the memory of his hand sneaking under her skirt, Lili found herself thinking of how she would've felt had his hand traveled just a little bit higher. She could only imagine his finger inching closer to the one place... but before her mind could create that imagery, Lili shook it out of her head.

"Alrighty folks, we are getting ready to land, please fasten your seatbelts." Paul's voice came over the overhead just as Liliana finished checking in on Mr. Cavalier.

As the plane began to descend, it shook from side to side with slight turbulence, which caused Liliana's heart to drop to the lowest pit in her stomach. Her fingers gripped the chair, as she closed her eyes tightly. She tried to control her breathing, but it wasn't doing much good when her heart felt as though it was ready to jump out of her chest. Lili's lips held onto a quiet prayer until the plane was running on the tarmac, and she didn't release a relieved sigh until the plane slowed to a complete stop. 

Liliana let out a sharp breath and smiled, then she unbuckled herself, and headed straight to Mr. Cavalier.

"Mr. Cavalier, I hope that this trip was pleasant enough." Liliana spoke up with a practiced smile, as she took her usual stance with clasping her hands before her.
"Yes." He simply stated, as he packed up his laptop, and Lili almost forgot that when it came to her, Mr. Cavalier had little to no manners, and she found herself standing still as a statue as if waiting for him to say 'thank you'. When she realized that he didn't plan on saying anything more, Liliana turned away and headed to open the door. 

The moment she walked away, Frantz smirked, enjoying the fact that he was getting under her skin, and she didn't bother hiding how she truly felt. He loved that she couldn't hide how she truly felt. Every emotion Lili felt, Frantz knew about it, and he loved it. It meant that he could read her like an open book.

Frantz felt the need to push every button she had. He wanted to Liliana to want to run away from him, except, while she wanted to that, he would make it so she could never get away from him. He would make sure that everywhere she went, he would be there.

Starting now.

Frantz grabbed onto his briefcase, then made his way to the door. As he got closer, he over heard Liliana mutter under her breath as she struggled to open the door lock. He could tell she was frustrated, but he knew that there was more of that to come.

Frantz smiled as he realized that he could use the unintended stall to his advantage. Taking a breath, he approached her.

Liliana froze the moment she felt the heat of Mr. Cavalier's body on her back. She noticed his shadow tower over her body, and that caused mountains of goosebumps to rise over her skin.

Liliana felt a shallow breath escape her dry throat and slightly parted lips.

"Need some help with that?" Mr. Cavalier spoke out, but his voice, so low, the baritone that erupted from his chest and vocal chords melted Liliana's resolve to be strong.
Gulping, Liliana let out a short breath as she said "no, I got it."