Chapter 31- "I Love You"

Narrator-

After that adventurous encounter, Frantz scolded himself for almost slipping up and losing his control. When he walked away from her, his body begged him to turn right back around and finish what he started. Liliana wanted him as much as he wanted her. But from the very start of their relationship, she made her limit known to him. And he vowed to respect it no matter what. He knew that teasing Lili wouldn't make things any easier. But he was always tempted by her. Any little thing she did, and he was aroused. If she spoke he couldn't stop looking at her lips, when she walked he admired the shape of her body with every stride, and when she was unaware of his eyes, he studied her habits, whether it was the way she smiled while reading her books, or the way she nibbled her lip when she was anxious. Everything about Lili had him on edge. 

When he boarded the plane and saw her back to him, the next thing he knew he was standing behind her. He also admired the fact that she always dressed modestly. She kept him guessing, and the longer he waited, the sweeter he knew the reward would be. Frantz was somewhat thankful that he had to wait. At least his relationship could actually mature, and if he were to fall in love with Liliana, it would be for who she was, not for her body. Though he couldn't wait to have her body. 

After scolding himself, Frantz figured he needed to ease on the whole teasing thing, or else he'd be driven mad with want and lust, and the last thing he wanted to do was drive Liliana away or hurt her. Frantz told himself that he just had to take it easy. 

Meanwhile in the kitchenette, Liliana thanked the man upstairs for Frantz's control, because had he not pulled away, she sure would've gone all the way. Lili never knew when Frantz would surprise her this way, but she found that the more he did so, the harder she was finding it to resist the urge of just giving herself up to him. But Lilian knew she was stronger than that. She just had to hold her ground. She knew that Frantz would never force her to do anything she wasn't ready to, and he wouldn't let her forget her promise either, and for that she was grateful.

After gathering her wits, Lili managed to go through her pre-departure routine without a hitch, but that's what worried Liliana. The trip back to the states was awfully quiet, and when they landed, for once Frantz didn't invite her to his house, nor did he taunt her in the car. The car ride was also quiet, he only kissed her swiftly when Armagio pulled up to her house, and then he left. 

His behavior caused Liliana to frown, as she began to worry that her luck had ran out with Frantz. She could tell he was sexually frustrated, and maybe he was now tired of waiting for her. Liliana entered her home as she swallowed a lump in her throat. She didn't want to think it... but was Frantz going to break up with her? 

Lili followed the routine of calling her parents, then she headed for a shower. She figured by the time she was done, Frantz would've called her to let her know that he was home, but the call never came. 

She knew it was late and maybe he was tired, but from the moment they started dating, not a night went by he didn't call her. Even if they had spent the evening together, he always called her. It was past 1:00 AM and still no call. Liliana began to grow worried. Hoping that Frantz was okay, she scurried to dial his number and waited in anticipation for him to answer. 

One ring, two rings, three rings... no answer. 

With every ring, Liliana felt her heart beat a little faster. She felt her heart beat so strong, her body pulsed with the rhythm. She bit her nails anxiously, her palms running moist with sweat. 

Frantz didn't answer until the seventh ring. 

"Hello?" He responded, his voice groggy, and Liliana felt her heart breathe in relief. 
"Hey? Are you okay?" Liliana asked, the worry in her voice evident as she frowned and finally allowed herself to sit down. 
"Uh yeah, yeah, I'm okay." Frantz replied, and now Lili felt her worry for his health swap with the worry for the future of their relationship. His tone was not as warm and loving as usual. No... this time it was distant and strange. 
"Oh..." Lili answered disheartened, "it's just cause you didn't call to let me know you were home, so I was worried..." Liliana trailed off, not having the need to explain her actions to Frantz in a while, and it kind of felt alien now, unsettling even, and her hand slightly shook with the phone.
"No I'm alright. I was just really tired, I got home and showered, and fell asleep. I'm sorry for worrying you." Frantz answered, and Liliana gulped again before she nodded and said "okay, well I'll let you rest, have a good night." 
"Thanks." Frantz replied softly. 
"I love you." Liliana blurted before her eyes widened, and she slapped a palm against her mouth. Oh no.