Chapter 1

"Smile, just for your old man."

I can't smile.

"Help your mother at least!"

I would if I could.

"Be kind, for everyone. Not just for me."

I'll try, brother.

"Ah!" I shouted in distress. My heart was thumping, cold sweat running down my face. The same dream that had always hit me. The same words that haunted me.

I gulped, and put my hand to my chest. I could feel it beating fast, so I slammed my hand on my chest, saying..

"Stop."

I repeated the same words until it stopped beating fast. I smirked, and whispered to myself, "Always works." I got up and stretched, walked to my uniform and wore it.

I looked at myself in the mirror. The same uniform I always had. I've only started working in that flower shop. There are a lot of....nice people. Well, they're not at ALL nice, but..tolerable, I guess.

I looked at my watch and gasped at the time. "7:48!? What the-!?" I put my h/c hair into h/s and quickly ran out of my room. I went out of the apartment, and breathed in the warm air of April. I breathed out, and admired the scenery for a quick second. Except, it was just cars. But hey, the city never ceases to amaze me!

I smiled and ran to the shop, looking at my watch. I bumped into someone, and heard a sorry. The voice was quite sweet, but deep. I didn't look up, and just replied, "It's fine." I went to his side, and passed by him in a flash. Then, I had a sudden thought. What if I bumped into a serial killer? Nah. I kept on running, and eventually heard the voice of my friend. Oh wait, I don't have any. I shrugged it off and kept running, until I reached the flower shop.

I inhaled the sweet, mixed scent of different flowers. Tulips, dandelions, peppermints, and so much more. I quickly went into my apron, and greeted my fellow workmates. To which they all replied with, "Hey Y/n, grab me so coffee will ya?" And I, agreed to them. It was always like this. But hey, I wanted to contribute to society!

I quickly went to Starbucks, and ordered them the normal coffee and all. I grabbed their Starbucks orders, and ran back to the flower shop. Eventually, I bumped into someone. Luckily, the coffee wasn't spilled, and no one's shirt was ruined.

"Are you okay, miss?" My eyes widened. That was the same voice as last time.

Sorry, miss.

I looked up, and saw a guy, with a flag, for a face. I was, well, shocked. I didn't know if I was hallucinating or not. I squinted my eyes, and mumbled out, "Philippines?" He smiled, and gladly said, "Yes, that's me, miss!" I was infected by his smile. Before I knew it, I was already smiling.

"Excuse me, miss. Have a nice day!" He slid past me, and rushed away. I stopped smiling and quickly ran back to the flower shop. When I arrived, everyone glared at me. "Why are you late!?" They shouted at me. "Wha-?" I replied, speechless. I don't get it. What did I do wrong? "And you came here with Starbucks!? How lazy!" The manager, shouting at me, and my workmates, laughing, at me.

Not again. Not again. Not...again.

How did this happen? Why? Now I'm here, doing double shifts just because I was 'late'. I'm starting to think I'm killing myself by being here. I shrugged it off, and fixed my posture. I put on a smile, and welcomed our beloved customer. "Hi miss, do you have, um..sampaguita?"

It was the same man from earlier. The same man I bumped into a while ago. Philippines. I was shocked. I snapped out of it, and quickly looked for the said flower. This made me nervous, somehow. I don't know why. I looked at him, and said, "No sir, we don't. I'm sorry." I walked back to the counter, and saw him giggling. I was weirded out. "Ah, I see." He said. "I forgot my favorite flower was in the Philippines!" He continued. "Oh." I said in reply.

"Then, do you have any dandelions?" Philippines asked. "I, um...we..well um...we do." Wait,what? When did I start stuttering? God, my brain's weird. "That's nice! Can I have those dandelions in a bouquet please?" He said. Is it just me or does he have puppy eyes? Ah well. I nodded my head, and grabbed the dandelions. I gathered them into one, and wrapped a ribbon around it.

"Here you go!" I said, giving him the bouquet. He gasped, looking amazed. I have never once seen a customer, looking so amazed at a bouquet. He grabbed the bouquet, gave me his money, and said a sweet "Thank you very much!" I don't know what I was thinking, but I have to admit, he's one of the kindest people I've met my whole life.

He walked out of the flower shop, still looking at the bouquet. I could even see him outside through the windows, still looking at the flowers, until he's out of sight. Work eventually ended. I went back to my room at the apartment, and just flopped on my bed.

This weird feeling, what is it? I feel happy, like, I actually did the right thing. That country from earlier, left me quite a feeling. I wonder what he did that made me feel like this. He's like...my brother.

'Thanks Y/N!'

'You're so..kind.'

'I wanna be like you when I grow up, despite being you, being my younger sister, of course!'

I miss you, big brother. You were so kind to me when no one else was. I sat up, and unknowingly said, "Wait, did I have dinner yet? Did I even have breakfast?" I realized that I didn't and quickly ran to the kitchen to eat food.

After eating, I stood up, looking outside the window.

Today was a pretty nice day.

I looked back at the door, and someone, knocked. For a while there, I was scared. But, because they kept on forcibly knocking, I was annoyed, and had no choice but to stand up and answer it. I opened the door, and gasped.

It was Philippines.

end.

~small authors' note~

Hey. Sorry if the first part sucked and made no sense. It was the best I could do. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed though. I honestly don't know when the next part will show up, but I'll just make it under my vacant times. Well that is, if you want the second part. And if anyone is even reading this ;-;

Anyways, goodbye!