Chapter 19

It was time for me to wake up again. I jumped off my bed, smiling endlessly. I took a shower, got into {insert choice of clothing here}, put my hair in a horrible looking h/s, and rushed down the stairs. "So, where are we going now?" I said happily. "We are, staying home!" He replied, almost sarcastically. I was offended, to say the least. I am about to die, and what we do, is stay home!?

I rushed to his side, held his shoulder. "Oh, really now?" I asked. He nodded his head, putting on that infectious smile. It was dissappointing. I still wasn't used to that smile of his. I smiled back at him, and he was blushing. Of course, I didn't mind it when he blushed. He looks so cute blushing, after all. Anyways, I sat on my chair, and ate Phil's pancakes. "Wow! These are delicious!" I happily said.

"Really? I thought you wouldn't like them." He said, but it was barely audible. "I haven't had pancakes since a few years ago when my parents still used to..cook for..me." I said, my smile slowly dying down. He quickly noticed this, and rushed to my side. He hugged me, showing off that bright smile of his. "I'll cook for you! Like, a lot! Just, never stop showing me that smile of yours!" He said, when he finally let go of me. I was blushing profusely. I averted my gaze from him slowly, and tried covering my face as much as possible.

"Why?" I said with a muffled voice. My hands were over my mouth, so I didn't really expect that he would hear it. But he did. "Because when we were back in your place, it's either you weren't smiling, or you were just plain out faking it, or smirking weirdly most of the time!" He said in a stubborn manner. I looked back at him, and sighed. "Sorry about that kind of behavior then." I said as I flashed a genuine smile.

He chuckled, and went back to his seat to eat his food. "So, what about you?" I asked. "What about me?" He replied while he gobbled up his pancakes. "Tell me something about you. After all, I noticed I was the only one speaking about myself. I think it's unfair." I said in a petty manner. His eyes widened for some reason. "Wait, really? I'm super sorry!" He said, apologizing.

"I will not be forgiving you anytime soon!" I said stubbornly as I pouted and crossed my arms. "E-eh!? Please!?" He pleaded. I still didn't look at him. I shook my head, sighing in dissappointment. I looked back at him, and I could've sworn I saw him wiping his tears away. "U-uh...okay I forgive you!" I said, panicking. "It's too late for you, for us!" He said, striking a dramatic pose. I laughed, and before I knew it, I was standing up, and wrapping my arms around the country.

"You really are a happy ball of sunshine." I mumbled out. He blushed, and looked away. "Th-thanks.." He said, an obvious smile on his face. "No problem!" I said as I pointed finger guns at him, while I grinned. He looked back at me, and just put on a relieved smile on his face. "I'm really gonna miss-" He cut himself off, and started blushing profusely. "This breakfast. So you should probably eat now." He continued, and just went on to eating his breakfast.

I nodded my head happily, and rushed back to my seat. "Hey, after this, can we go to the border?" I said, as I ate my pancakes. He looked up at me with a concerned look on his face. "Why? You can't pass through, right?" He said, while he ate his pancakes. I nodded my head. "I know, but, I want to see my place again. For the last time, perhaps. Besides, who knows what's going to happen next?" I happily said. He smiled, and nodded his head.

Time came, and we were on our way to the border again. I had a smile on my face, while I looked down, just trying to process everything. Despite me looking happy and relaxed, I was still panicking. This had to be one of the hardest moments for me if I couldn't take this in. "So, Y/n.. about myself, and all.." Phil said, hesitating a bit before he could continue. I looked at him, stars in my eyes. "Tell me!" I never felt this determined to know about someone before.

"I'm Philippines, and i'm a Countryhuman. My papa is KKK, and my mama is Perla. They are both kind, and helpful, and everything. But, they both died in war." Phil said, a frown on his face. I frowned too, and patted the country's back. "I had a brother too. Two, brothers actually. but, the other one died in war, as well." He said, as he put a broken smile on his face. "Oh, I'm..sorry." I said, while I kept patting him. "By brother, are you perhaps, talking about Martial?" I asked, and he looked at me shocked.

"How did you.."

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD PHIL!"

I screamed, not answering his question. He quickly averted his gave from me, and just smiled awkwardly. "Anyways, how did you know about Martial..?" He asked, a bit of concern in his voice. "We met before. When you got blacked out, I met Martial. He was with me during the meeting, and some other times." I said, smiling. He snickered. "He's really trying this time, huh?" Phil mumbled out. "What?" I asked. He quickly shook his head, and I shrugged it off. "Anyways, if he's dead, how did I still talk to him?" He started breathing heavily. "Well, um, when he died, his soul, just.. went in me. I was shocked too, but, I like it because I can still get some advice from him, or talk with him if I want to."

I smiled, and nodded my head. "That's good!" He stopped the car, and he took his hand off the wheel. I looked forward, and saw the border. I got out of the car, and slowly went near it, memories flooding back from all the times I've spent here. My hand touched the border, but it couldn't get through. Phil held my shoulder, while I just put a broken smile on my face. I really missed the place. Then, for a while, my hand went through the border. I fell down, and I was back in the other world. But, because I panicked, I quickly went back to Phil.

"What was that?" He asked, looking at me. I shook my head. "I don't know." I buried my face in his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me. "If you went through, then, maybe you can go home now!" He said enthusiastically. I backed away, shaking my head. Even if I missed the place, I couldn't just leave Phil. He went near me, and put his hand on my shoulder, pressing it. "Y/n, this is the only chance we've got." Phil said sternly. I still shook my head.

"Even if it's my only chance, I'm not selfish enough to leave you!" I said, almost shouting at him. I shivered, and I could feel his grip on my shoulder becoming loose. He looked mad. "Whatever." He said bitterly as he walked passed me.

3 days left.

end.