Chapter 5

"Psst."

"Hey."

"A-Alexa..?"

I said. My voice a bit strained from talking too much with Phil.

"Yeah, it's me. You better wake up if you don't want anything happening to Phi-"

I tensed up, and quickly sat up. I rubbed my eyes, and looked to where Phil was seated. My eyes widened.

"He...He's gone. What did you do to him..!?"

I unknowingly said out loud, to hear no reply. Just giggles here and there. I looked at the door, to hear a knock.

"Come in!"

I said, fixing my hair and whatnot. I thought it was Phil. He probably went out for a while, but things were never easy for me. Charlotte went inside the door, and waved at me. I waved back at her.

"Where's Phil?"

"That's what I want to know too, believe it or not."

"I trusted him to keep you safe! Why would he.."

She sighed with frustration, and I looked down, dissappointment taking over my mind. "I don't get it. We were having so much fun with each other..did he....hate me?" Charlotte's eyes glared at me like daggers. "That makes no sense! He wouldn't hate you if he has so much fun with you!"

I buried my head in the pillows, still saddened with him leaving so soon. "When can I get out of here?" Charlotte shrugged. "Probably a few days from now. Your injuries aren't that bad, the last time they checked." She said, emphasizing bad. I smiled and nodded my head. "I should get to work as soon as possible!"

Charlotte smiled at me, and nudged my shoulder. "You should rest. You know that, right?" I chuckled, and nodded my head slightly. "Mhm." I hummed in acknowledgement.

Nighttime came again. I looked through my bag for my phone. If I can remember, I asked for his phone number. I scrolled through my contacts, and saw his name.

Phil.

I smiled at the sight.

🇵🇭Phil🇵🇭

6:59 p.m.

>psst

>hey

hai<

11:59 p.m.

>Bye.

8:00 a.m.

Where are you?<

hey<

Answer meeeee<

I sighed, and put down my phone. Then, I remembered something.

"So you eventually found out, didn't you?"

I heard a voice say behind me. I looked back, to see Alexa, looking at me.

"You know where to go now!"

She said, putting her hands together, and smiling like a cat. I sighed, and looked away.

"How am I even supposed to get there, though?"

"When you get out, follow the trail. See the light, and you'll see him."

After that, Alexa just vanished into thin air. A few days have passed, and I was ready to get out. I put on my {insert choice of clothing here}, and went out of my room. No one was going to pick me up, and it was a relief.

Then, I saw it. A trail of smoke. I could tell no one saw it, because they all ignored it. I followed and followed it, until I saw a bright light. Then, I felt a chill up my spine. I turned back, to see Alexa. She was rolling around, and eventually floated to my ear, and whispered,

"Imagine him, and you'll see him again."

I looked back at the light, and gulped. "I'm not ready!" I exclaimed, and quickly ran back to my apartment.

"....why did you do it?" Alexa asked, looking at me with concerned eyes. I shook my head, and just buried my head on the pillow in my couch. "I'm not that desperate to see him." I said, putting my head up, and looking at Alexa. She sighed, and said, "Stop lying. It's obvious you wanna see him again. Lying to yourself is the worst thing you can do." I looked down, and sighed. "I'm sorry. Just, give me a few days, and I'll make sure I go there!" Alexa nodded, and faded away.

A few days passed by in a flash, nothing changed, except for the fact that it seemed so quiet now. I was in the flower shop, looking at the bypassers. I was thinking of him again. His soft smile, his really nice looking jacket..ugh! Get your head out of the clouds. You'll be able to see him soon, right?

"I miss him.." I mumbled. Who wouldn't? Meeting a guy as nice as him...it's like a blessing. I never find people like him nowadays. Then, I saw someone who looked like him. And before I knew it, I was taking off my apron, and chasing after him. I eventually got myself lost, and now, I was nowhere.

"I see you took the other way around."

"What..wait, what!?"

"Welcome to the land of Countryhumans!"

"So, this is what Phil was talking about?"

Alexa nodded her head in agreement.

"And this is your bag."

She said, putting up my bag, I grabbed it, and eventually, someone was looking at me. I looked up, to see a man who was super tall, wearing a ushanka.

"Russia.."

He glared at me, and all I could do was hug my backpack. The next thing I knew, I was being dragged, like, really, IM BEING DRAGGED to someone named UK. I could say it was United Kingdom.

I was eventually sitting in a really soft chair, with him in front of me. He had an English three-piece suit and a red bowtie on. And he also had a monocle on. He put down his newspaper, and fixed his monocle.

"Greetings."

He said, not even looking at me. I nodded my head,and smiled awkwardly. "Hi." He sipped his tea, and glanced at me. "How did you get here?" He asked, his tone was serious. I looked down.

"Well..um...I don't know how I got here, but, I can say that I chased someone until I got here." He looked at me weirdly. "The last time I knew, no human can easily come here. The border..you passed it?"

I looked around. "Border? I'm sorry, but I didn't see any border." I said, glancing at Britain.

"Impossible."

end.