Chapter 11

Me and Phil got back home from our little car trip. We cracked a lot of jokes, and learned a lot about each other. "So..when's the meeting?" I asked, looking at him. "8. Every meeting we have starts at eight." He answered. I hummed in acknowledgement. I flopped on the couch, stretching. I was going to wear yet another formal attire. The last time was tiring, and I bet this one was going to be tiring too.

I just hope no one dies today though. I sat up, and went upstairs to fix my stuff. After fixing my stuff, I sat on the bed, ad went to sleep.

7:16

I was already dressed up in the summer dress I wore last time. I fixed my hair into a h/s and wore heels. Maybe this time..we can go through this in one turn. I went downstairs, to see Phil in his black suit and tie. The same thing he wore in the first meeting. "Hey Phil! You look nice." I said. "I could say the same to you." He replied as he looked back. I sat on the couch, holding onto my phone. He was blushing, again. He blushes a lot. We both went out, and got on the car.

"Why are you still in the backseat?" He asked, looking back. I shrugged. "Stay in the passenger seat! You'll be way safer here, where I can see you." Phil said, patting on the said seat. I smiled and got out of the backseat. Just as I was about to open the passenger seat, Phil got out of the car and opened the door for me. "Get in." He said. I blushed, and got in.

We drove off to the meeting. The sceneries weren't the same as last time. "Are we...in New York?" I asked. It looked so much like New York! My mind flashed back to Charlotte. I clenched my fist, and looked down. Was it selfish to leave a friend of mine, for another friend? "Yeah, we are in New York!" He answered. I snapped out of it, and looked at him, smiling. "Ah! I see. Why did it change?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Because NATO, UN, all the big authorities, change it from time to time." Phil answered.

"I see. By the way, what made you go to the flower shop? Why did you buy the flowers?" Phil's eyes widened. "O-Oh! Well...about that..um.." He said stuttering. "Is it for a special someone?" He blushed, and nodded. I could feel my heart thump fast. "It's for my mother." He continued. My heart started slowing down, and I unknowingly sighed in relief. "Y/n? Are you okay?" I quickly looked at him, blushing. I nodded my head, and looked away, fixing my hair.

"What about you, Y/n? Your family?" My eyes widened. "I..well..um..my parents are long gone..and..my brother...is lost." I said, looking down. "Oh..I see. I'm sorry for your loss." He said, a frown on his face. I looked up, and smiled. "It's alright! It was a long time ago. Now, I'm independent." I happily said. Phil's eyes widened at the word independent.

I tilted my head. "Are you alright?" Phil slowly let go of the wheel, and blacked out. The next thing I knew the car was going side to side. Phil regained consciousness, but it wasn't him. It was Martial Law. "Crap, what happened now!?" He asked, trying to take control of the car. "I don't know! We were just talking!" I exclaimed. "Something must have triggered him." He said, finally taking control of the car. Independent. When I said independent, he stopped. "Independent." I said. "What?" Martial Law asked, looking at me. "He stopped driving when I said independent." Martial Law looked back at the road. "No wonder. The word independent brings back...really hurtful memories." He said, slowly loosening his grip on the wheel.

"Why?" I asked. My curiosity growing. "Phil's..been through a lot. Let me say that." Martial Law said, fixing his seat. "Is it because he was colonized three times?" I asked. He smirked. "You geographers know everything about us, don't you?" I looked down. "I'm not a geographer. I just know that." I said, sighing. "Phil doesn't want to go back. Looks like I'll be taking over for a while." Martial Law said. I nodded my head. "He should rest. He must have been traumatized." I said. Not long, we arrived in the same building as before.

7:50

I got out of the car with Martial Law, to see the same cars, and the same helicopter. "Looks like everyone is here." He said, as he fixed his suit and tie. The two of us went on the elevator, and went down one floor. The elevator opened, and once again, I saw the cold, white room of the lobby. It was as plain and elegant like any other lobby can be. There were a few seats here and there. All the countries were wearing formal attire. Me and Martial Law walked out of the elevator, to be greeted by Malay and Indo. "Y/n!" Malay said, as he pulled Indo to me and Martial Law. "...Martial? Where's Phil?"

"Phil is...resting." He said casually. I looked at him. It was true. He was resting. But, someone has been telling me the opposite. "Come on! You know it's not true. Phil is obviously drinking his way to death!" I shook my head. "Alexa, be quiet." I whispered. "Y/n? Are you alright?" Indo said, looking at me with a concerned look on his face. I smiled, and nodded my head.

The three sat on a seat while I was forced to introduce myself to other countries, and I did.

"Hi!"

"晚上好." I put a crooked grin on my face and quickly rushed out.

"Erm..hello!"

"Was willst du?" The German said bitterly. I slowly slid away, and ran off. I eventually bumped into someone and their book fell down.

"Let me get that-"

"No, va bene." The Italian said as he crouched down and picked up the book.

"Please go in the meeting room. Now."

A familiar British accent said. I looked at the door of the meeting room, and indeed, saw Britain. All the countries went in, and Martial, Malay, and Indo approached me before we went in.

"8:00. It won't be long, not anymore."

end.