Chapter 4

"I like you."

I said, looking forward. The ocean looked lovely. The cold wind, hitting my skin. My hands clenched the handrail, that served as the border between me and the ocean.

"Why?"

Charlotte looked at me, her hair pushing against her face, her eyes squinting.

"I think....it's because you're kind."

I said, a little blush on my face. I turned my head towards Charlotte, who was smiling at me with her relaxed, blue eyes.

"Glad to hear tha-"

The next thing I knew, there was screaming. Red. Red all over. I couldn't move my body. I could feel my breath running out. I tried so hard to breathe in, but all I could hear was desperate crying. Just desperate crying, until everything, went black.

.......

I opened my eyes, the same routine, same everything. I went out, to see Charlotte, waiting. I quickly ran to her, surprised.

"M-Manager!"

She waved her hand, smiling at me. I smiled back at her and asked,

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I thought that I should walk with you to the flower shop! It must be lonely for you to walk alone."

"Ah! Thank you!"

I bowed, my heart feeling warm. I could feel tears flowing out of me. I looked back up at her, and she gasped when she saw tears falling down. Snow started falling. December was already showing itself. It was cold, but warm.

She hugged me, and we both laughed. Before we knew it, we were looking at the far ocean.

So this is what kindness felt like.

Then, this happened. This bloody mess.

My eyes widened, to see nothing but black. I quickly sat up, to see a girl. I knew everything about her, but I never met her.

"Alexa...?"

I blurted out. I quickly covered my mouth at the shock. She turned around, to look at me. She was floating, weirdly enough.

"Welcome to the afterlife!"

She said, her deep, colorless eyes looking into mine. My eyes widened. She smiled, and laughed, while fiddling with her brown hair.

"I'm just kidding! I personally think everyone deserves a lot of chances, so don't worry. You're not going anywhere near the afterlife." She said, emphasizing near. My eyes quickly opened once again. But this time, I was in the hospital.

Charlotte was beside me. She was just looking down, looking like she cried. I sat up, and quickly grabbed her attention. My head suddenly started throbbing, and I quickly held it. My other hand clenching the bed covers.

Charlotte slowly laid me down, while looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"What...happened?"

I mumbled out. Charlotte started tearing up. "You...you got hit by a car." My eyes widened. It made no sense. "H-How....exactly?" Charlotte looked down. "Something went wrong with the car while they were moving. So..they accidentally hit you."

"Ah..I see.."

"How can you take all of this in!? Shouldn't you be.. shocked..or something?"

"Trust me when I say I've seen things far more shocking than that."

I said, with my mind quickly going back to Alexa. She looked back at me, her hand on her mouth, giggling.

"You can't just forget me, can't you?"

I quickly stopped thinking about her, and smiled.

"Hey, thanks for taking care of me, Charlotte."

I said softly. She shook her head, and took my head.

"It's no problem. Just..stay safe! Alright!?"

I nodded my head, with Charlotte sighing. Then, I heard someone quickly knocking on the door. Charlotte looked back, a surprised look on her face. She went to the door, and opened it, to see a tired Philippines. My eyes widened.

"How did you find me!?"

I said in shock. He quickly rushed to me, while Charlotte closed the door.

"Y/n! I knew it! You were on the news, and I had to see you."

I unknowingly blushed, and looked down. He kneeled next to me, and looked at me with eyes that look like they're about to tear up. "Please! Keep yourself safe!" My eyes became droopy. I looked at Charlotte, and she went out of the room to give the both of us privacy. I looked down once again.

"I'm...sorry..."

I said, with a shameful voice. I was embarrassed. No one would come busting into my room just to tell me to keep myself safe. He smiled,

"It's fine, just...be sure to NOT forget to be safe."

I nodded, and he chuckled.

"I really don't want to lose any of my loved ones."

"Why? Am I one of your loved ones?"

He looked at me, as if I was crazy.

"Of course! Friends are already our loved ones, right?"

He asked, and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess they are."

I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "I could stay here all night, if you want me to." Phil mumbled. My eyes widened. I looked at him, to see him blushing.

"Are you sick?"

I said, worried about him. I put my hand on his forehead, and he blushed even more! His eyes widened, and he quickly held my hand, and took it away.

"Y-Y/n..."

I tilted my head, and said, "You aren't hot, so why are you blushing? W-wait.....am I embarrassing you!? Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I said, covering my face. Now I was the embarrassed one.

"N-no! It's not like that!"

He tried explaining, but I was blocking him out with the continuous panicking in my head. He kept on trying to explain, but it seemed like a bunch of gibberish to me. I put my hand down, and looked at Phil. He wasn't blushing anymore, but he was laughing. I looked at him weirdly.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because, well, you're a really fun person to be with."

"I-I am?"

He nodded. Before I could say anything, Charlotte knocks on the door, and comes in. She waved her hand, saying,

"I kinda need to go home now. I'm sure Phil can stay with you. Right?"

Phil blushed again, but put his thumbs up.

"Kayang kaya!" (Definitely!)

Charlotte left the room, and now, it was just me and Phil. We both smiled at each other, and talked each other throughout the night.

I see. She's having so much fun already. Little did she know..

end.

~Small A.N.~

WoAh-

102 reads already? And it's not even on the 5th chapter already-

Thank you so so so muchhhhhhhh!!!!!

It's my first book but, like, 102!? This is too much! I'm super grateful! This made my day! Love you guys!