Chapter 27

"I think I should go back home now." I said, as I watched Phil eat his soup. "Where?" He said, looking at me. "To, the city. You know, past the border." I said, looking away. "Oh.." He said, looking back at his soup. "I understand." He said, smiling. "After all, no one said we aren't allowed to visit each other!" He said holding my hand and smiling at me.

I smiled, and hugged him, he hugged me back, and after some time, I let go. "I'm gonna miss you." He said, showing me a soft smile. I sighed. "You think you're the only one?" I said, looking at him. Then, before I could process anything, Phil placed a peck on my lips. I blushed beet red, and he did too. He hid his face on a pillow, and said, "J-Just, thi-think of that as my goo-goodbye gift."

"I will." I said, in a confident manner, as he looked at me, again. I kissed him lightly, and left the room. "Bye!" I said, looking back. He smiled back at me, and waved his hand. "Bye, Mahal!" I chuckled. "You big ball of sunshine." I said, mumbling to myself. After that, I told Britain about me leaving, and he smiled. "Are you sure you'll be able to pass the border?" He said, as he passed me my stuff. I nodded my head. I had high hopes. I had nothing else to do after this. So, surely, I could go home.

"We'll miss you, Y/n." He said, as he patted my back. I smiled. "I will, too. But, I'll take occasional visits, so don't worry!" I said confidently. He smiled, and sent me off to the border. Then, I met up with Alexa. "So, are you finally leaving?" She said, smiling. "I am. I have nothing else to do here." I said, looking back at her. "I'm gonna miss you. You were the most enjoyable human I have met." She said, almost tearing up.

I smiled, and hugged her. "It's okay, Alexa." I said, as she hugged me back. "If you decide to come back, tell me, okay?" She said, letting go. I nodded my head, and walked back to the edge of this world. I looked back once again, and saw Alexa, just watching me go. I waved goodbye, and left for good.

Then, my alarm sounded. I was back in my home, somehow. I woke up, and went to work as usual. Everyone looked at me awkwardly, and eventually looked away. I shrugged, and put my bag inside a compartment somewhere, and went to work. It seemed like a busy day. Not like those usual days, where it was silent. "Y/n. You're back from your little escape, huh?" Charlotte said, leaning on the door frame of her office. I chuckled. "Pretty much. Why do you think I came back?" I said, talking back. "Overconfidence, I see?"

She said, leaning her arm on my shoulder. "Where did you go? You suddenly went out." So, time works differently, huh? I sighed. "To my little escape." I said, in a smug manner. She chuckled. "Whatever you say." Charlotte said as she went back to her office.

Months passed, and before I knew it, I was holding a book about geography, and going into a classroom. "Ms. Y/n!" A student of mine shouted from inside. "Darcy, come on! I was about to make a dramatic entrance!" I said, raising my voice. The whole classroom cheered, and I chuckled. I laid my book on the podium, and opened my laptop, revealing a presentation about countries.

"Guys, are you college students or what? I bet you'll lose that spirit by the time you reach the fourth year of college." I said, smiling. They groaned. "So, you want another round of my stories huh?" I asked, as I looked around the room, filled with students. They all nodded happily, and I sighed. "Okay. Only if you survive through our next lesson though!" I said teasingly.

They groaned again, and after that really nice lecture with them, I was approached by a fellow teacher. "Ms. Y/n." I froze in my place. It was the principal of the university. I looked back, smiling widely. "Hi sir?" I said, trying to look professional. "You must really love your job." He said, as he started walking with me towards the teacher's lounge. I nodded my head. "I love it! I live for geography, and I love the students so much! I'm glad they seem to like me too!" I said happily, slightly bopping up in down, while I tried to not make my things fall of course.

"Well, would you like to go to a seminar in the Philippines?" He said. Then I stopped in my tracks. Philippines...I couldn't visit him. I then snapped out of it. "Really?" I said, looking at him with dazed eyes. He nodded his head as he looked back at me. "Yes. You are the right person for it, no?"

"Th-Thank you.." I said, a bit shocked. He smiled, and walked away. I then went ahead to the Teacher's Lounge, and waited for the day to end, as I had no classes. All I needed to do was make a bunch of notes for the next class. Eventually, it was time for me to go home. I stood up, and stretched. I put my things inside my bag, and left the school.

Then, the principal's words came back to me.

Philippines?

I took a deep breath, and walked towards the border. It was dark, but luckily, I barely used my phone throughout the day, so I was able to use it to see through the darkness. "Here again?" A familiar voice said from behind. I smiled, and looked back to see Alexa. I nodded, and we hugged each other. "I missed you!" I said, letting go of her. "Yeah, it was super boring here. Anyways, why are you here?" She asked, tilting her head. "I came to see Phil again." I said, smiling, and constantly adjusting my bag so it wouldn't fall down.

"Oh, what good timing." Alexa said as she disappeared again mid-air. Then, I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back, and my eyes almost teared up. "Y/n?" Phil said, running up to me. I ran up to him, and hugged him as tight as I could. "It's actually you!" He said, as he let go of me. I nodded my head, and cupped his cheek. "So, is my ball of sunshine feeling better now?" I said, and he lifted me up, twirling me around.

Phil put me down, and kissed me. And after that, we were just sitting down on the street, in front of the barrier. "So, you're a teacher now?" He said, as he examined my clothes. I nodded. "A geography teacher, specifically!" He smiled. "How are you?" I said, tilting my head. "We're all fine."

"That's good." I said, looking down. I eventually laid my head on his shoulder, and sighed in relief. "You were always so kind to me." I said, intertwining his hands with mine. "Well, I'm honored to know that." He said chuckling. I was finally in the right place, with the right person. I was happy. And that was the form of kindness life finally gave me.

fin.

-----------------------------------------------------------
So.

This book is over now. This is just sad. I'm feeling so bummed out about this. But, thanks for sticking around 'till the end. I was super happy when you guys decided to read this. I was super grateful for the reads this book, even from the start. I'm sorry if the ending wasn't enough for you guys. Heck, I'm sorry if the book wasn't enough! It was my first book, and I'm aware that I could still improve myself.

So, i'll use this book as an example of my mistakes, and hopefully, by reading this, I can develop as a writer. I'm just. Super grateful for you guys. This book ending doesn't mean I'm leaving though. I'm actually planning on making a countryhumans x reader book, and this book was kind of like, my starting point as a writer in Wattpad.

All I'm saying is just, thank you for sticking with this book to the end! ♥️

{Yours for as long as life endures,
                         exoticbutterpopcorn.}